+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The next messiah?

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Does anyone on this board have any idea what they are wishing for? Moore was expected to make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Without a number of first choice players, maybe even with them, the squad is sadly lacking in key areas. Still 4th ffs!
    Totally agree the squad is nowhere near good enough, it's interesting half the managers on the list have already been slagged by people on here, we are in danger of becoming as aragant as the Villa fans and other clubs in the Championship that think they have a divine right to be in the prem what is even more worrying is the statement the club have put out effectively saying we have to go up this season or else one thing is for sure I won't be renewing my ticket until I know which direction the club is going.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    Totally agree the squad is nowhere near good enough, it's interesting half the managers on the list have already been slagged by people on here, we are in danger of becoming as aragant as the Villa fans and other clubs in the Championship that think they have a divine right to be in the prem what is even more worrying is the statement the club have put out effectively saying we have to go up this season or else one thing is for sure I won't be renewing my ticket until I know which direction the club is going.
    Well a lot more people will start going again after witnessing such a shambles!!! I was about to chuck my Swansea tickets. An absolute embarrassment at Leeds - an embarrassment at home since Boxing Day and today against a piss poor Ipswich - Bartley back and Harper on the bench!!!

Even the pro Moore supporters around me today - had seen enough and their patience snapped! I want to get into the play offs in a piss poor league and sadly this NICE guy was simply feckin clueless.

Well done Jenkins for once in showing some bottle at a crucial time!!!!

I would consider Alex Neill and Wagner.

Albion Tecnical Director Luke Dowling was with Jokanovic at Watford.

It matters not who is appointed as our manager/head coach, the runt won’t put anything into the Club to give us a strong enough squad to achieve anything in the Premier League other than relegation, then he would be sacked. If we remain in the Championship there still won’t be enough put into developing the team, so this time next year we are likely to be adrift of the automatic promotion places and the ‘new’ man will be sacked. We need an anti Lai campaign. Horrid Chinese runt.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    It matters not who is appointed as our manager/head coach, the runt won’t put anything into the Club to give us a strong enough squad to achieve anything in the Premier League other than relegation, then he would be sacked. If we remain in the Championship there still won’t be enough put into developing the team, so this time next year we are likely to be adrift of the automatic promotion places and the ‘new’ man will be sacked. We need an anti Lai campaign. Horrid Chinese runt.
    I said this weeks ago Kets.

Unless there’s a Blackpool style fans revolt and Lai is presented with an empty ground I can’t see a quick resolution to this.

We’ve never had a decent owner,someone who puts the club first and invests millions into.

All of the other three big Midlands clubs have had monied owners and chairmen who’ve been true fans but we get one charlatan after another.

I doubt in my remaining years if this will ever change.

Does anyone have any confidence in this board making the right appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by splinter View Post
    Does anyone have any confidence in this board making the right appointment.

Hit the problem on the head for me Splinter.

I said when DM was appointed that the Management at the club was amateurish at best and that we were run like a corner shop instead of a multi million business. No plan to replace Pardew and DM was asked to do the job just like one of the sons of the owner being asked to take over the running of the shop. Loyal, hardworking and would do their best but no track record, no experience and totally under prepared for the task in hand. It could come off but the chances were it wouldn’t.

Now we still seem to have no succession plan or at least publically we don’t. Surely as with Pardew they should have been planning for a replacement because in both cases the writing has been on the wall for sometime.

I think DM has done his best and it is hardly his fault that he wasn’t up for the job. He never was likely to be so, and if he had somehow managed to get us up to the PL goodness knows what would have happened up against better Managers and teams.

In answer to your question I have no confidence in us attracting the right person but all we can do is hope that they do.

Same old names time for a fresh start.
    Cowley brothers at Lincoln.

Quote Originally Posted by splinter View Post
    Same old names time for a fresh start.
    Cowley brothers at Lincoln.
    I'd go with them. Definitely

If a bloke is appointed in the next couple of days then I reckon Jenkins had decided he was sacked before the Ipswich game whatever the result.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)