+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Craziest thing I have heard in a long time!

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    Likewise mate. Apologies last night I was angry. relieved and sad at the same time. I was just narked after sitting through that in the cold then someone telling me I deserved nothing. That wasn't about opinion.
    Anyway if your local and I can't make it to game your more than welcome to borrow my ticket.
    We all just want what we perceive is best for the club, seems there's a 50/50 split over this decision. That's kind of you Wicka You never know, although I am working hard to keep up and when I'm not working I tend to sleep these days, feeling my age and I don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    I don’t think any one would Al, however, we are 4th in the league. What happens if the wheels well and truly come off with the new incombant, what then?

Any one of us would have settled for a shot at the play offs before a ball was kicked this season. With the squad he has DM has done very well. We are in a lean spell, no denying that, results are not great, but we are still 4th, still in with a shout of making the play offs. A new man in charge with new ideas, remember, new managers statistically are not as successful as is beleived.

Time will tell whether the decision was right or wrong, however, only automatic promotion will prove it was right. If the club makes the play offs, by getting 4th spot, nothing will have changed. Anything less than 4th place, will be a failure!
    Fair points
    However I think the wheels have already come off mate.
    Does Jenkins stand on the touchline and not make a sub or change formation with 20 minutes to go? If you see what I mean.
    I don't think he can be criticised for changing it.

One thing for sure
    If we do go up BD deserves most of the credit. I have said this before but changing the mindset of players and uniting the club as a whole is an achievement that cannot be measured with just a pass or fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    I don’t think any one would Al, however, we are 4th in the league. What happens if the wheels well and truly come off with the new incombant, what then?

Any one of us would have settled for a shot at the play offs before a ball was kicked this season. With the squad he has DM has done very well. We are in a lean spell, no denying that, results are not great, but we are still 4th, still in with a shout of making the play offs. A new man in charge with new ideas, remember, new managers statistically are not as successful as is beleived.

Time will tell whether the decision was right or wrong, however, only automatic promotion will prove it was right. If the club makes the play offs, by getting 4th spot, nothing will have changed. Anything less than 4th place, will be a failure!
    Sorry beg to differ. Our home form since Boxing Day has been relegation form and shocking. We were humiliated at Leeds and even their own supporters could not believe a 4-3-3 with Barry and worse no change at half time and the donkey HRK back with Gayle on the wing. Yesterday Ipswich could have won - another donkey back In Bartley - Gayle for once in his best position but Jay R all over the place. Harper best player of late on the bench. Loverboy Livermore keeps his place and first player who should have been dropped on current form.

Seriously shocking decisions. Come on with the quality in our squad - anybody would have got us into 4th!!!! Even Leeds and Norwich supporters acknowledge their squads don’t have the same quality as our own - they do have effective managers though with technical nous.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Sorry beg to differ. Our home form since Boxing Day has been relegation form and shocking. We were humiliated at Leeds and even their own supporters could not believe a 4-3-3 with Barry and worse no change at half time and the donkey HRK back with Gayle on the wing. Yesterday Ipswich could have won - another donkey back In Bartley - Gayle for once in his best position but Jay R all over the place. Harper best player of late on the bench. Loverboy Livermore keeps his place and first player who should have been dropped on current form.

Seriously shocking decisions. Come on with the quality in our squad - anybody would have got us into 4th!!!! Even Leeds and Norwich supporters acknowledge their squads don’t have the same quality as our own - they do have effective managers though with technical nous.
    Fair points, however, is going to be better from here on in. Will we get auto promotion or will we get to the play offs. If the new person, trying to be PC here does not at least get us to the play offs, they will have failed and ship out to make way for the next messiah, much like the Villa, every manager since Martin O’Niel was going to be the messiah, other than one I recal.
    Last edited by Baggiemadguern; 10-03-2019 at 02:37 PM.

I think that many on this forum never had any intention of backing him at any point.
    Overwhelmingly the media and other supporters are quite bemused by his sacking.
    I believe its DM failure to overrule the insistence of Jones’s well tied and tested must have a ridged 3 in a row Kamikasi attack and Chuckle Brothers defending football philosophy that cost him.
    Long gone has DM’s infectious optimism and belief that he injected so well into our dejected players at the end of last season.
    Yesterday once again we saw our players struggle to implement a style and formation that has failed since last August. On that showing its obvious the players have no confidence either. To be honest with so many key players out at the back it was an accident waiting to happen.
    I think it was the last straw because the board believed like many that we should be performing at a much higher level on the pitch and have far more points.
    Or maybe is just that we either over estimate our own players and /or underestimate the opposition.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)