+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jakonavic

As usual you can see Albion faffing him about until he slips through our fingers.just for once get this appointment done ffs

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclus...mands-revealed
    Apparently wants £2M a year plus a substantial promotion bonus should we succeed.thoughts? We pay these players a similar wage when the coach is just as important cog in the machine

I agree 53.

Although these are figures most fans find hard to stomach,the fact is that the manager is supposedly the main component which is why he’s under constant threat unlike a player.

As long as Albion have a clause in his contract that means a hefty “transfer” fee is due should he be poached I have no problem with his demands.

If release clauses are properly thought out they should cover what you pay a successful manager anyway.

As far as I'm concerned, if those are his demands, then pay it. There doesn't seem to be anybody else out there who fits the bill better than he does. For God's sake let's not lose him because we are not prepared to pay the money. Mind you, knowing our track record, this could happen!

I expect us to win against Swansea but unfortunately this will then place James Shan at the top of the list

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    I expect us to win against Swansea but unfortunately this will then place James Shan at the top of the list
    If that were the case then at least all the younger players would probably want to want to play for him as he had them playing quite well before.

We should still be offering Pearson and Shakespeare the job.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    If that were the case then at least all the younger players would probably want to want to play for him as he had them playing quite well before.

We should still be offering Pearson and Shakespeare the job.
    Why?

Pearson (with Shakespeare as Assistant) nearly relegated a team that won the premiership the following season. Since then he's been sacked by Derby and some Belgian side I've never heard of.

Why would Shakespeare be suitable to be a manager? He's had less games than Moore as a manager, so in that respect he is more inexperienced.

Can't see how either or both together would be any kind of improvement on what we had.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Why?

Pearson (with Shakespeare as Assistant) nearly relegated a team that won the premiership the following season. Since then he's been sacked by Derby and some Belgian side I've never heard of.

Why would Shakespeare be suitable to be a manager? He's had less games than Moore as a manager, so in that respect he is more inexperienced.

Can't see how either or both together would be any kind of improvement on what we had.
    I can only guess that when Pearson was born one of those 50,000 to 1 bets was put on that one he would manage the Albion, and the bookies didn't payout when he had caretaker stint in charge.

If SJ is being a pr ick in his demands despite getting hefty pay offs from Watford and Fulham I would consider Carlos Carvahal on a short term basis and then try for Wagner in the summer if he does a bad job in the short term.

Imo he was harshly treated at sheff wed who had massive injury problems when he got the boot and he had a that short term bounce we need that he had at Swansea before it turned sour for in a division he didn't know, but he knows the championship well so I would consider him.

Our board of disasters are so s hit it is shocking as anybody with any nous would have waited until the international break before sacking DM, if they didn't already have a replacement lined up.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA53 View Post
    https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclus...mands-revealed
    Apparently wants £2M a year plus a substantial promotion bonus should we succeed.thoughts? We pay these players a similar wage when the coach is just as important cog in the machine
    I wish they would just pay the feckin money for a decent manager. If you pay peanuts you get someone like Darren Moore.

Pisses me off big time and 2 million so what. Did not stop us paying this amount of money for that complete waste of space sturridge so the cash needs to be put into perspective.

QUOTE=baggieal;39169992]I wish they would just pay the feckin money for a decent manager. If you pay peanuts you get someone like Darren Moore.

Pisses me off big time and 2 million so what. Did not stop us paying this amount of money for that complete waste of space sturridge so the cash needs to be put into perspective.[/QUOTE]

Sorry Al I don't agree if this guy gets a long term contract at £2m a year that could end up being a massive millstone around our neck longterm if he doesn't get promotion quickly.

If he has the hunger and desire to leave his comfort zone of London on a lower basic salary with big incentives for promotion then fine, but I don't think he deserves £2m in the second tier after he foooked up at Fulham before the boot.

The sturridge money was spent whilst we had prem money and more importantly it was very short and then it was goodbye and he was back to anfield in an ambulance.

If we give SJ a 3 year contract at £2m a year and then sack him after a season we would have paid him £6m.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)