+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ardley out? - come the end of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    If Notts had the cash they could offer Big Sam 10k per match to manage the last 10 matches with a 50k bonus if we avoided relegation. Keep Ardly on as Sams assistant to learn under a master. - If we got rid of Ardley at the end of the season it would probably cost more that 150k anyway so its a win win (hopefully)
    You're prob right in thinking your plan is 'cost neutral'. Where do we get the readies from tho? Biggus Allus is skintus.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    You're prob right in thinking your plan is 'cost neutral'. Where do we get the readies from tho? Biggus Allus is skintus.
    We need to get rid of Ardley NOW whilst there is still a very minuscule chance of survival. This guy talks a good story but is otherwise clueless. The football again yesterday, like that in previous games has been nothing short of shocking. His substitutions are always like for like and achieve absolutely nothing.
    All this bo**ocks about training hard, we cant even put 2 passes together, we dont create any chances and when we do there is no one in the box..I hope i dont have to watch him again at Carlisle when he comes across smiling and clapping us after another foregone defeat...

If Notts had the cash they could offer Big Sam 10k per match to manage the last 10 matches with a 50k bonus if we avoided relegation. Keep Ardly on as Sams assistant to learn under a master. - If we got rid of Ardley at the end of the season it would probably cost more that 150k anyway so its a win win (hopefully)

Ahah! Why would he swap golfing with his buddies Gray and Keys in the Doha sun for a League 2 relegation battle?

Plus 10k wouldn't even pay his first class ticket back.

Mental.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We need to get rid of Ardley NOW whilst there is still a very minuscule chance of survival. This guy talks a good story but is otherwise clueless. The football again yesterday, like that in previous games has been nothing short of shocking. His substitutions are always like for like and achieve absolutely nothing.
    All this bo**ocks about training hard, we cant even put 2 passes together, we dont create any chances and when we do there is no one in the box..I hope i dont have to watch him again at Carlisle when he comes across smiling and clapping us after another foregone defeat...
    To be fair to him he did acknowledge yesterday that it was simply not good enough when he came over to clap the away fans. I believe he comes over out of respect to the fans and to thank them for coming. He has more dignity and is more humble than some managers who would just go off down the tunnel. He knows the perfomances are not good enough, it’s just whether he can fix it in the games we have left.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    To be fair to him he did acknowledge yesterday that it was simply not good enough when he came over to clap the away fans. I believe he comes over out of respect to the fans and to thank them for coming. He has more dignity and is more humble than some managers who would just go off down the tunnel. He knows the perfomances are not good enough, it’s just whether he can fix it in the games we have left.
    I don't want a manager that comes over and claps the fans after HIS team has again performed with no guts or passion...any of us could do that.

I want a manager that holds his players to task for non performance, makes them train the kids if necessary and does the job he is payed which is win football matches.

Which ever way you cut it up his record and Notts and the end of his Wimbledon days are nothing short of pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post
    Cotterill wouldn’t stay because of interference in team matters from Trew. He told me that himself.
    Mmm Cotterill didn't give me the impression of someone who wanted to leave Notts. I had to nip into the club on what was Cotterill's last day and bumped into him. We had a bit of a chat, and he was really upset, so much so that he was on the verge of tears. Him leaving, and the destruction of that momentum, was a key point in our downfall.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Its the same at every away game. Same excuses and same crap.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Its the same at every away game. Same excuses and same crap.
    The one that really annoys me is when he says "they did a job on us".

In which he his basically saying the opposition manager has out thought him and his tactics were inept

That's some good sh1t your smoking, crack head.

Big Sam wouldn't get out of bed for 10k a week.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast