+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Score, scorers and attendance prediction vs. Carlisle United 12.03.19

Can't see anything other than another defeat after yesterday. The score is irrelevant, it's only points (or lack of them) that count from here.

A very heavy defeat I am going for 5 or 6 nil.

I can see us embarrassing ourselves significantly between now and the end of the season. Any fight or belief is gone. Ardley couldnt motivate this lot if his life depended on it and needs the shove at the end of the season.

I just don't get how they play 3 superb games against top sides then just pack up

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    I just don't get how they play 3 superb games against top sides then just pack up
    That's what I find so baffling. After those games I really thought we had turned the corner and we would finish well clear of relegation. I simply cannot reconcile how that same team are now so devoid of the desire and qualities that earned the seven points out of nine. It's beyond bizarre.

3-0

A loss for sure Carlisle need the points as well for a play off place.

Ardley to play pretty much same style he is a limited manager and is clearly happy to take his pay cheque.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    That's what I find so baffling. After those games I really thought we had turned the corner and we would finish well clear of relegation. I simply cannot reconcile how that same team are now so devoid of the desire and qualities that earned the seven points out of nine. It's beyond bizarre.
    It’s the biggest question no doubt on most of our minds. In January we assembled a new team full of real experience which included players with fight, hunger and desire and promising young players who gave us all a massive lift when they drew to Lincoln, beat Mansfield and Forest Green. In those games we looked more than capable of staying in the league.

Yet from Newport onwards they too have become infected with the disease that appears to take hold once players start playing for this club where they just become apathetic. Completely utterly and totally strange how they have become of the same mindset as those they replaced.

As I said on another thread we have only had two good weeks this entire season in which we managed to get 5 of the 6 wins.

That just emphasises how utterly terrible and poor we have been for the rest of the past six months. It pains me to say it but we don’t deserve anything more than being bottom of the league.

If Ardley is in charge then it will be more of the same crap and excuses. Another hammering on cards ..

Carlisle 5 v 0 Notts Co

Another nail in the relegation coffin!!

Easy lads. We lost our only experienced striker on Saturday with a groin injury. Our options up front are a raw lad from Preston (Not much cop) or a selection of midfielders. Expect Hope to start on the left and drift in - he has a goal or two in him. You could argue he’s a striker but he’s been played at left wing for so long I’m not sure he knows any more. Devitt will be a handful so long as he’s not stuck out on the right like he was on Saturday. Look our for O’Hare too. He’s raw but he’s a talent, just such a pity he’s on loan from Villa. He scored his first league goal on Saturday so he’ll be buzzing. Despite all that our defence are getting worse as the season goes on so I quite fancy your lot to score. If you score first our heads may well go down (I’ve seen it many, many times) and then it’s in the lap of the gods. We’re not playing that well to be honest and it’s just as well that Swindon were off colour on Saturday.

But you’re right. If your lads aren’t up for a scrap, scraps is all they’ll get. If they are than it could go well for you. Make your own luck, eh?

Go well now.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast