+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I didnt think it would happen.

I didnt think it would happen.

The reason i have been winding you chaps up is because i never thought you would ACTUALLY get relegated. And now, to my horror, i think it will happen. When i think of clubs like Fleetwood, Forest Green, and Accrington, who hardly muster a home crowd, this is truly a tragic event.

Most clubs get relegated because they have no money, this is not true in your case, you will probably get relegated for other reasons. In the case of Mr Harding, he certainly had the money but no common sense, there is less to him than meets the eye.
    He is one of the few businessmen to have cut a swathe through pro football, and left the opposition net untouched. He has pent a lot of money on football, and created nothing.

The more he talked, the further you should have run, he was camoflaged by money. Coming on here reminds me off a music review from a long time ago.
    "It sounded like a pack of rats were being tortured to death, while from time to time a dying cow moaned". I know how you feel, or did do. I didnt go to the Cambridge game yesterday, and i dont give a stuff about England anymore, i reckon its my age. Its just the same thing over and over. If you think Harding is a loser, try being a Cambridge fan. Our club is the same, with the Harding effect have had its grip for quarter of a century.

I am rooting for your survival, but if relegation does happen, i can assure you there are worse things in life than that. For instance, Harding is going, Cambridge fans must endure our board of directors for eternity. They wont be getting my season ticket money anymore. Rog.

We don’t like our BoD at Carlisle either, but I’ll still happily pay my season ticket money because they get none of it as it’s needed to pay the ground staff, the girls in the ticket office etc. If it does come to the worst EMBRACE the National League and enjoy going to new grounds and absolutely bossing them. We had good crowds in our only season in the old Conference and our travelling support outnumbered the home fans at quite a few games. You could do the same, if it happens.

Agreed Griff, the only thing that could be good is a fresh start with all the deadwood gone. Then if you have a good season you can carry on that momentum into the next which hopefully would be back in the football league. Will we get a buyer now though? It's going to take someone ready for the work, there's a right mess here. I'm not sure now we're pretty much down anyone will have the appetite for it.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    going to new grounds and absolutely bossing them
    I seriously doubt this eventuality!