+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Rallying Call

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    I would just point out one observation here jardi. I along with bagpa said similar if not identical things just 3 weeks ago and your words were it was people like us that helped keep supporters away from Palmerston!!!!

hay guys all of us fans can shout from the rooftops ,it doesnt seem to change anything at queens ,the fans dont get listened too ,the fans pay the wages ,its like saying to your employer eye nae borther mate and just doing what you want instead ,well news flash queens the fans are now starting to walk away from paying ,something needs done and fast .

another thing all these fans that think queens are punching above our weight ,need to get real ,we are losing fans rapidly ,how many fans do you above the weight fans think we would have if we just sauntered about punching at the weight yous think queens are ,lool i reckon queens would fold in that senario nowadays ,paying fans wouldnt accept that apart from the right hardcore ,which id say would be around the 600 or so ,queens couldnt afford to operate with crowds that low .

Fatfan, firstly thank you for pointing that out, - and yes I did say that suggesting "the team was not good enough" was not the way to encourage people to come to Palmerston. I would still say that I was correct to say that, - and most certainly at that point in time.

Teams do and will go through bad patches, and we the supporters just have to accept that. The difference though comes at the business end of the season, - when we could find ourselves being catapulted into the abyss without warning and thus a line has to be drawn which cannot be crossed.

It is the easiest thing in the world to criticise a football manager from the side-lines, and I'm pretty certain that Naysmith is doggedly trying his best. If we were safe from relegation, - we would simply be bemoaning the fact that we've missed the play-offs (for promotion) for another year and probably be debating the pro and cons of Queens' chances next season, - but this is an entirely different matter altogether.

Dobmeister, - in essence I am addressing your point about the manager and "going through the motions" in the aforementioned paragraph, but the time for talking has stopped and the club needs someone to convert the talk into action.

If we were sitting on 40 points after 7 straight defeats, - we'd all be (quite rightly) up in arms that we were potentially throwing away an automatic promotion spot and possibly a play -off place too, - and that would be bad enough, - but the spectre of automatic relegation has now raised its ugly head, - and it would be remiss of any of us to sit idly by and watch it happen.

jardi i have a wee question for you here ,iv noticed that your a strong advocate of our board atm ,where is it you stand say when you think the board cant do anymore ? for me the answer is simple if a club is run by a board of directors and is making a loss and thay start cutting corners to try make ends meet ,this scenario tells me there already at that point financially ,so whats there next step ,thay obviously dont have the cash to pump in to take queens to the next level or possibly even keep us at our current level ,i think thay have taken queens as far as thay can ,so thay now should be looking to step aside and find more wealthier people who can move us forward again .just my humble opinion on how to keep a club like ours moving forwards .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 11-03-2019 at 04:01 PM.

To be brutally honest Francis, I think that Queen of the South have a quite remarkable board of directors, who saved the club from oblivion just a few short years ago, and we should be thankful that they are there for us.

That's my honest opinion.

As for 'wealthier' people, I don't think there are any around, - unless you can persuade a Russian Oligarch to invest in Queen of the South!

The bottom line is that we are quite a way below the point at which the club becomes viable in terms of the support, and so it will be nigh on impossible to attract potential investors.

At this level, there is a fine line between success and failure, - and just 7 league matches ago, all was well at Palmerston, - but here we are with the spectre of relegation staring us in the face with less than two months left on the season's clock.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    To be brutally honest Francis, I think that Queen of the South have a quite remarkable board of directors, who saved the club from oblivion just a few short years ago, and we should be thankful that they are there for us.

That's my honest opinion.

As for 'wealthier' people, I don't think there are any around, - unless you can persuade a Russian Oligarch to invest in Queen of the South!

The bottom line is that we are quite a way below the point at which the club becomes viable in terms of the support, and so it will be nigh on impossible to attract potential investors.

At this level, there is a fine line between success and failure, - and just 7 league matches ago, all was well at Palmerston, - but here we are with the spectre of relegation staring us in the face with less than two months left on the season's clock.

i think we are seeing the results of our board cutting the corners atm ,the thread bare squad which has tired out looking jaded trying to cope with the fixture list ,however that can be cured by changes to there everyday training ,adding more rest through the week ,but from our board of directors point of view ,whats there plans on changing this scenario before it sinks us ,if we stay up this season ,this thread bare squad thing cant be allowed to happen for a second season ,the lessons are plain to see ,it dont work .

OK Francis, - it's one thing to make such sweeping statements, but you seem totally blinkered, - it's as if you don't understand basic economics.

You don't have to be Adam Smith (Google him) to realize that you can't make a silk purse etc and I can't help people to understand if they simply make the same statements over and over again.

As I suggested in an earlier thread, we need more supporters through the gates to make Queen of the South more viable, - and the core supporters can help with that without suggesting that "the team are not good enough," - or by criticising potential supporters as "glory hunters" if they turn up for Cup matches.

In an era where quality football is available at the touch of a button, along with your favourite food served to your door, - it takes a lot to persuade people to leave their temperature controlled environments and part with their hard earned cash to watch their local club when the weather is grim and the welcome is not great.

We all have a part to play in changing the fortunes of Queen of the South, - and apportioning blame on the BOD is simply not acceptable in my book, - although no doubt you and many others will disagree.

Wouldn't it be great if say, Calvin Harris purchased the club...

Now we are really talking as that would be quite incredible.

The only problem is that Adam was (by all accounts) never a Queen's fan and you really need to have the club in your blood.

Nevertheless it would be an incredible boost to his home town and an opportunity for him to make a real difference........Effectively transforming at a stroke QOS into one of the top teams in the country.....and that is something that only he could do.

If anyone has a contact it might be worth dropping him a text or email.

Gretna was a pipe dream but QOS would be entirely different and potentially sustainable.

I heard he has no interest in football, dream on

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)