+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Rallying Call

I desperately wanted Naysmith to do well as I would any Queens boss . I will go back to the start of this 7 game slump to tell you why Naysmith blew it big time . It was a fine day and with over 2,000 in the ground , we had a chance to play some good football and get them back the next home game. This was when Naysmith's achilles heel came to the fore . We could have attacked United from the start but Naysmith , always the over thinker, decided to play a game of cat and mouse as he was too wary about their ability. We then had the ridicilous situation of taking the game to Dundee United with ten men having more success than the starting eleven. They were not that good that we couldn't have beat them by having a go from the first whistle . As said before , we are not strong enough defensively to invite teams on. Teams like Aberdeen and Kilmarnock can but we simply cannot. If we had played all season with the attitude of we will have a ding dong attacking game with our opponents and the best team wins, then I'm sure Queens would be in a healthier position.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 17-03-2019 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    i agree deek we need to get a good youth setup here at palmy that has to be the top priority as a club our size needs to be able to churn out top youths to keep it going ,but in the short time clawing the lost fans back will prove difficult as we would need to show these fans that the club is moving forwards with ambition ,and thats something i cannot see atm ,our people incharge dont have the clout to make that happen by the looks of things .
    Developing top youth talent is key but would the club be willing to sacrifice a salary to pay for a coach rather than say Dobbie.

Based on our previous track record we should have a few youngsters coming through now.

2002-04 we had Gibson and Burns
    2010-12 we had Reilly, Orsi, McShane, Holt etc

I have probably missed a few out but these are the most notable but it should be more frequent.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I was talking about the slump to another Queens fan who I hadn't seen for a while. The subject of the Dundee games came up and I said that was a very fine starting 11 we put out in Dundee . Todd was linking up very well with Marshall , Low pulling the strings in midfield with Dobbie deadly in front of goal. But there you have it as how often have we been able to put out our strongest team because of a lack of depth of quality ? Our finances are now strangling us

i was thinking remember a wee while ago the trust guys were trying to get a fan on the board ,well i think everyone knew the board wernt going for that yin ,so why not get a fan consortium like what alot of other clubs have done too good effect ,if we can do it this way with a fans consortium with and appointed front man raising lots of cash ,maybe the board would accept an extra man on the board if he was coming in with some financial clout to help propel the club forwards ,it would just work along the same idea as the slo lads fighting fund thing ,but a continuous flow of cash coming in through the consortium . what do you guys think of this idea .it would take a prominent well known figure to front it tho .

i was thinking remember a wee while ago the trust guys were trying to get a fan on the board ,well i think everyone knew the board wernt going for that yin ,so why not get a fan consortium like what alot of other clubs have done too good effect ,if we can do it this way with a fans consortium with and appointed front man raising lots of cash ,maybe the board would accept an extra man on the board if he was coming in with some financial clout to help propel the club forwards ,it would just work along the same idea as the slo lads fighting fund thing ,but a continuous flow of cash coming in through the consortium . what do you guys think of this idea .it would take a prominent well known figure to front it tho .
    It could allow us to raise funds through direct debits similar to Hearts although maybe not to that scale. Is that the sort of thing you are thinking?

Having a prominent front person is key as fans/local businesses would want to know their money is being used appropriately.

i agree deek we need to get a good youth setup here at palmy that has to be the top priority as a club our size needs to be able to churn out top youths to keep it going ,but in the short time clawing the lost fans back will prove difficult as we would need to show these fans that the club is moving forwards with ambition ,and thats something i cannot see atm ,our people incharge dont have the clout to make that happen by the looks of things .
    I’m not sure three extremely successful local businessmen will take any advise from someone who has hardly worked a day in his life.

Quote Originally Posted by CptQueens View Post
    It could allow us to raise funds through direct debits similar to Hearts although maybe not to that scale. Is that the sort of thing you are thinking?

Having a prominent front person is key as fans/local businesses would want to know their money is being used appropriately.
    The Barflies put money money into Queens each year than the Trust do. Didn’t hear them asking for a seat on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by scooby_blue View Post
    The Barflies put money money into Queens each year than the Trust do. Didn’t hear them asking for a seat on the board.
    That is fair although I think Francis' suggestion is to look at bringing substantially more money into the club and some business may find it more attractive if they know their voice will be heard. These are businesses that currently are not affiliated with the club.

Quote Originally Posted by scooby_blue View Post
    I’m not sure three extremely successful local businessmen will take any advise from someone who has hardly worked a day in his life.

your a cheeky **** scooby blue ,clowns like you need a slap likes

Quote Originally Posted by CptQueens View Post

yes this is exactly what i mean . as for scooby blues pathetic remark ,at least other decent fans are thinking constructively .

your a cheeky **** scooby blue ,clowns like you need a slap likes
    True though mate.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)