+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rallying Call

Francis, your original post at 12.27 pm was well constructed and you raised some very valid points, - some of which may well need developed.

Within six minutes however you appear to have had some sort of episode, as if you'd re-read your post and thought F*** it, - I'm going to be a petulant so and so.

Please have a read of both your posts and think to yourself, which one might help Queen of the South? I'm sure you'll agree that the 2nd one will get the club absolutely nowhere, and nor will it benefit you.

Instead of throwing your toys out of the pram and stating and I quote: "we defo need some more financial clout at the club one way or another" - take some serious time to consider how that might be achieved.

By a serious amount of time, - I'm talking in terms of 6 months or so, - to knock some ideas around in your head (and on paper) and for you to rationalise a way forward, - which the BOD might, - and I stress might be able to put into action.

queens do have the potential here in dumfries to be a big club ,we have seen the level thats needed during dave raes stewardship of the club ,and thats the starting level we need to get back too to then move us up to the next level so that should give yous a picture on the level of investment needed to attract the fans back ,we averaged around the 3000 mark under rae with a good squad ,but dave never had the finances to keep it going and to push on ,but that for me is the benchmark where queens need to be and we know the finances needed to have us there .

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Francis, your original post at 12.27 pm was well constructed and you raised some very valid points, - some of which may well need developed.

Within six minutes however you appear to have had some sort of episode, as if you'd re-read your post and thought F*** it, - I'm going to be a petulant so and so.

Please have a read of both your posts and think to yourself, which one might help Queen of the South? I'm sure you'll agree that the 2nd one will get the club absolutely nowhere, and nor will it benefit you.

Instead of throwing your toys out of the pram and stating and I quote: "we defo need some more financial clout at the club one way or another" - take some serious time to consider how that might be achieved.

By a serious amount of time, - I'm talking in terms of 6 months or so, - to knock some ideas around in your head (and on paper) and for you to rationalise a way forward, - which the BOD might, - and I stress might be able to put into action.

jardi im making valid points here im only stating the facts that currently the people in charge of queens dont look to have the finances to push the club on without more fans attending ,where i started getting annoyed is when the keyboard warriors started coming out trying to shoot down my views instead of adding to them constructively to come up with solutions .i do believe our board might and i say might cause i dont know there full intentions for the future ,have came to a point where thay cant take us forward ,its only fact im pointing out its what its looking like to me ,and im trying to get the rest of yous to come up with solutions ideas to add to it ,id like te current board to stay at queens but maybe put it about to look for a couple of new investors to add to there stewardship .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    queens do have the potential here in dumfries to be a big club ,we have seen the level thats needed during dave raes stewardship of the club ,and thats the starting level we need to get back too to then move us up to the next level so that should give yous a picture on the level of investment needed to attract the fans back ,we averaged around the 3000 mark under rae with a good squad ,but dave never had the finances to keep it going and to push on ,but that for me is the benchmark where queens need to be and we know the finances needed to have us there .
    We nearly went bust thanks to Davie Rae paying ridiculous wages for average players. Have you forgotten about the SAVE OUR SOUTH campaign?
    If it wasn’t for Billy Hewitson buying that bit of land off of Queens which in turn paid our bills,I doubt we’d still be here.

there you go ,youv only reacted to the first part of my statement about dave raes stewardship ,i then go on to tell you is thats what it takes to see queens have decent crowds at palmy and the finances needed to make it happen my statement is an example of what kind of finance we need to be at to make queens a force again ,and i also said that dave rae never had the funds to keep it going so that also blows your comment out the water as i already stated that ,its plain and simple to see we are currently miles off the kinda funds we need to bring back the fans and status of our club that dave rae had ,we need the investmement now that dave rae never had to get us back in that right direction .

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    We nearly went bust thanks to Davie Rae paying ridiculous wages for average players. Have you forgotten about the SAVE OUR SOUTH campaign?
    If it wasn’t for Billy Hewitson buying that bit of land off of Queens which in turn paid our bills,I doubt we’d still be here.
    Yes Queens were on the verge of going under if it was not for the supporters rallying around to bail them out. Most of the cup final money was wasted as you say on paying average players silly money at the time with the inevitable consequences. What grieved me then and now was a lack of thanks to those fans which helped the club out during that dark period. People have very short or more likely blinkered memories.

and average players ,our scottish cup final team ,tosher ,dobbie ,oconnor ,thomson ,burns ,aitken and all the others ,so your saying our curent best player is one of these average overpaid players ,your having a laugh aloreburn lol ,id rip your arm off to have those playing atm .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    and average players ,our scottish cup final team ,tosher ,dobbie ,oconnor ,thomson ,burns ,aitken and all the others ,so your saying our curent best player is one of these average overpaid players ,your having a laugh aloreburn lol ,id rip your arm off to have those playing atm .
    I didn’t name names and if I did the ones above won’t be among them.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Yes Queens were on the verge of going under if it was not for the supporters rallying around to bail them out. Most of the cup final money was wasted as you say on paying average players silly money at the time with the inevitable consequences. What grieved me then and now was a lack of thanks to those fans which helped the club out during that dark period. People have very short or more likely blinkered memories.
    You’ve got a very short memory. The club were forever grateful for all the help received. Keep off the Jamaican Woodbines son.

I didn’t name names and if I did the ones above won’t be among them.

the thing is dave rae tried to do the right thing and queens had there best spell in recent history under his stewardship ,and the biggest average crowds since the 60s under his stewardship ,what im saying is we need to look at what it took to get that and find the finances to get back there so we can then push on from there thats the benchmark .

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)