+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Rallying Call

Or Arthur Jardine undertakers

Quote Originally Posted by The caulback View Post
    I heard he has no interest in football, dream on
    I remember him being interviewed a few years ago on TV and he was asked if he had a favourite football team and he said Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    OK Francis, - it's one thing to make such sweeping statements, but you seem totally blinkered, - it's as if you don't understand basic economics.

You don't have to be Adam Smith (Google him) to realize that you can't make a silk purse etc and I can't help people to understand if they simply make the same statements over and over again.

As I suggested in an earlier thread, we need more supporters through the gates to make Queen of the South more viable, - and the core supporters can help with that without suggesting that "the team are not good enough," - or by criticising potential supporters as "glory hunters" if they turn up for Cup matches.

In an era where quality football is available at the touch of a button, along with your favourite food served to your door, - it takes a lot to persuade people to leave their temperature controlled environments and part with their hard earned cash to watch their local club when the weather is grim and the welcome is not great.

We all have a part to play in changing the fortunes of Queen of the South, - and apportioning blame on the BOD is simply not acceptable in my book, - although no doubt you and many others will disagree.

jeezo jardi i fully understand how economics work and im not totally blinkered ,im simply pointing out that our current board look to me like thay cant take queens any further without relying on extra fans just turning up out the blue to pay there hard earned money ,it aint ever going to happen in that order never ever ,so where do we go as a club ,something has to give one way or another .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    jeezo jardi i fully understand how economics work and im not totally blinkered ,im simply pointing out that our current board look to me like thay cant take queens any further without relying on extra fans just turning up out the blue to pay there hard earned money ,it aint ever going to happen in that order never ever ,so where do we go as a club ,something has to give one way or another .
    The issue is Francis is that you keep on pushing the same message, asking the same question which we try to answer saying that their is no easy solution to the issue of the finances. The board are doing their best with the resources they are generating from the on and off field activities without which we would have sunk some time ago. They do not have bottomless pockets just as the rest of us. There is no easy answer to the question but continually asking it becomes very tiresome as we are all aware of what the circumstances are.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    The issue is Francis is that you keep on pushing the same message, asking the same question which we try to answer saying that their is no easy solution to the issue of the finances. The board are doing their best with the resources they are generating from the on and off field activities without which we would have sunk some time ago. They do not have bottomless pockets just as the rest of us. There is no easy answer to the question but continually asking it becomes very tiresome as we are all aware of what the circumstances are.

Francis has some sort of chip on his should regarding the BOD for some bizarre reason. I don’t think he’ll ever get how hard they work for the club and how much money they or their families have pumped into Queens over the years. I take it he’s forgot about the £200,000 debt the Mark Blount’s father wrote off a few years back and he wasn’t the only one to do so.
    We’ve been extremely lucky to have good local businessman supporting our club for decades.
    Last edited by scooby_blue; 12-03-2019 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scooby_blue View Post
    Francis has some sort of chip on his should regarding the BOD for some bizarre reason. I don’t think he’ll ever get how hard they work for the club and how much money they or their families have pumped into Queens over the years. I take it he’s forgot about the £200,000 debt the Mark Blount’s father wrote off a few years back and he wasn’t the only one to do so.
    We’ve been extremely lucky to have good local businessman supporting our club for decades.
    Well said Scooby!

Thank you to Spike and Scooby. There needs to be full recognition of the tireless work that goes on, - largely unseen by the BOD.

Like all of us they are human beings taking massive risks for the club, and with absolutely no thanks at the end of the day.

Francis could do to fully understand the stress upon the BOD and fully balance the pros and cons of his argument before charging in like a bull and claiming that 'they' need to put more money into the club!

As Spike and Scooby have explained, - they do not have bottomless pockets, - and perhaps instead of pointing the finger at others, - Francis should be spending his time working out potential solutions to the financial crisis, and how he and others may be able to raise funds for the club?

This is not 'a get at Francis' post, - but rather an attempt to redress the balance somewhat and place the onus upon those who are so frustrated with the way the club 'appears' to be going and ask them to come up with money making policies, - or ways of attracting extra fans to Palmerston.

If it wasn’t for the Chairman we wouldn’t have the brilliant Queens Arens fatality and the work in around the ground done for as cheap as possible. I can’t understand how some supporters still don’t understand that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    If it wasn’t for the Chairman we wouldn’t have the brilliant Queens Arens fatality and the work in around the ground done for as cheap as possible. I can’t understand how some supporters still don’t understand that fact.

guys im not trying to get at the board or anything im just stateing what yous are all admiting ,the facts are we have made a loss ,and we have a reduced budget ,we also have a threadbare squad ,and yes i do understand that our current board are doing the very best thay can and i admire them for that ,but my point is being ignored ,all im saying is queens cant operate under these restraints ,and i agree with jardi that coming up with ways to generate funds for the club is the way to go ,there is no way us cashless fans can add the funds needed unless a fans consortium gets created and to have the top man of that comsortium on the board ,its the way most clubs are starting to go and its been working defo worked bigtime for hibs ,its pumped millions into the club ,and to address the other points you lot have raised the charman and the board ,yes thay jumped in and saved the club a good few years ago and yes thay have built the arena and upgraded the kgv to produce income for the club and we thank them for this ,but where are we right now and the future ,because thay have done all this for the club do you lot think its accepted that we just bound along making a loss with thread bare squads for evermore and just survive ,that aint near good enough excuse for me likes .and im not one for letting things go too many fans come and post there thoughts on these forums and stop posting when you lot try to put there points down well wont happen here lads lol .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 12-03-2019 at 12:36 PM.

and by the way i dont care a monkies if people dont like my views on queens il keep posting my views regardless ,after all everyone has there own opinions how our club should be run and we defo need some more financial clout at the club one way or another .

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)