+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Rallying Call

Quote Originally Posted by scooby_blue View Post
    True though mate.

hmmm whats true ,iv worked most of my life until i fecked my back ,now im getting trained up driving lgv trucks ,havnt got a clue where you get this nonesense info fae likes .so its no exactly been my choice not to work for the last few years ,theres been times where i could hardly walk and all feeling in one leg lost through nerve damage ,wouldnt of been allowed to work even if i wanted to so id like to hear where you get this info fae about how long iv no worked lol cause my cv says total different likes .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 18-03-2019 at 12:51 PM.

I think we may have gone slightly off topic.

Importantly, all hands to the pump for our next game!

Mon the South!

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    yes this is exactly what i mean . as for scooby blues pathetic remark ,at least other decent fans are thinking constructively .

Quote Originally Posted by CptQueens View Post
    It could allow us to raise funds through direct debits similar to Hearts although maybe not to that scale. Is that the sort of thing you are thinking?

Having a prominent front person is key as fans/local businesses would want to know their money is being used appropriately.

now back to being constructive this is a great way to help the club and maybe one of the only ways short of some sugar daddy taking over ,im sure the board would welcome a fans consortium onto the board thats armed with a contribution to queens bank balances .

Quote Originally Posted by CptQueens View Post
    That is fair although I think Francis' suggestion is to look at bringing substantially more money into the club and some business may find it more attractive if they know their voice will be heard. These are businesses that currently are not affiliated with the club.
    I do believe that the club has sounded out local businesses previously but there is no harm in continuing to prod away to see if there are any that are now interested. Anything which can raise the clubs resources is to be welcomed. Remember the affiliation with the Open University a few years ago well that was certainly radical as well as very innovative so who managed to get that deal sorted out for the club as it is this type of inspirational thinking that is maybe required at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    I do believe that the club has sounded out local businesses previously but there is no harm in continuing to prod away to see if there are any that are now interested. Anything which can raise the clubs resources is to be welcomed. Remember the affiliation with the Open University a few years ago well that was certainly radical as well as very innovative so who managed to get that deal sorted out for the club as it is this type of inspirational thinking that is maybe required at the moment.

spike this is the sort of idea i am meaning for qos read all of this and look how it worked out bigtime for hibs .and all there current directors and owners are still on board ,a great all in one package that could only benefit everyone .hibs are now churning money after this all went through .and i do realise it would be on a much lesser scale for queens who have less fans ,but it would have the same outcome for the size of our club and income .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30624431
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 19-03-2019 at 01:48 PM.

spike this is the sort of idea i am meaning for qos read all of this and look how it worked out bigtime for hibs .and all there current directors and owners are still on board ,a great all in one package that could only benefit everyone .hibs are now churning money after this all went through .and i do realise it would be on a much lesser scale for queens who have less fans ,but it would have the same outcome for the size of our club and income .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30624431
    Very interesting Francis and a model which may work for Queens. Noting the date of the article as Dec 2014 it would be nice to have an impartial follow up as to how the scheme has got on remembering, as you have pointed out, the difference in the size of the fan base and would the diminishing Queens supporters be prepared to invest in something similar. No harm in sampling the fans opinion but there would have to be concrete proposals in place to be fair to the supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Very interesting Francis and a model which may work for Queens. Noting the date of the article as Dec 2014 it would be nice to have an impartial follow up as to how the scheme has got on remembering, as you have pointed out, the difference in the size of the fan base and would the diminishing Queens supporters be prepared to invest in something similar. No harm in sampling the fans opinion but there would have to be concrete proposals in place to be fair to the supporters.

spike hibs done this back in 2014 thats why i highlighted it ,cause you only need to look at hibs from before that and look at them now to understand the difference it had on them ,bofore this happened hibs were struggling and not being able to attract players as couldnt afford wages ,nowadays snice all this happened hibs are debt free making huge profit ,paying trebble the wages to players which can attract better players everything has been a massive step forward for them ,the cash flow coming in from this fans consortium each year has more than doubled hibs annual total yearly income since the consortium started . shurely you can see with your own eyes how much hibs have improved financially .this could happen at qos but at a lesser scale as we have nowhere near the fanbase of hibs .

the end of the day more cash coming into queens each season can only be a good thing .

spike hibs done this back in 2014 thats why i highlighted it ,cause you only need to look at hibs from before that and look at them now to understand the difference it had on them ,bofore this happened hibs were struggling and not being able to attract players as couldnt afford wages ,nowadays snice all this happened hibs are debt free making huge profit ,paying trebble the wages to players which can attract better players everything has been a massive step forward for them ,the cash flow coming in from this fans consortium each year has more than doubled hibs annual total yearly income since the consortium started . shurely you can see with your own eyes how much hibs have improved financially .this could happen at qos but at a lesser scale as we have nowhere near the fanbase of hibs .
    It is definitely worth taking this to the SLO to see what can be done to follow this up. Do they have someone on this site or just worth emailing?

cptqueens im nae guid at sorting oot things like this lol ,im good for looking for ideas ,plus i doubt if i went to them with this idea ,thay would take much notice lol ,needs to be someone thay would respect more to put it too them likes .

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)