+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bennett injured again....

Bennett injured again....

Groin again...... Frank hopes he should be ok after international break! Hope he can recover again and stay injury free for a while! The lads built like a tank and has potential but I wonder if all the training he’s done so early has affected how he will be from no on in??

I have often likened him to an F1 car or a thoroughbred horse. Tuned to perfection to the point where something breaking is more likely that not. His game is built on power and explosive movement, much like Michael Owen was (not suggesting he is as good as MO was, just highlighting a similarity). Is he too tuned and might he benefit from tapering off a little. Today's players are way fitter than players were in the 70s and 80s but I get the impression they are more prone to injury and niggles and their state of highly tuned fitness is the reason behind it. A little less muscle and a bit more fat and they might become as reilient as players used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I have often likened him to an F1 car or a thoroughbred horse. Tuned to perfection to the point where something breaking is more likely that not. His game is built on power and explosive movement, much like Michael Owen was (not suggesting he is as good as MO was, just highlighting a similarity). Is he too tuned and might he benefit from tapering off a little. Today's players are way fitter than players were in the 70s and 80s but I get the impression they are more prone to injury and niggles and their state of highly tuned fitness is the reason behind it. A little less muscle and a bit more fat and they might become as reilient as players used to be.
    MA think your right playing a man's game at 15 did him know favours at all Evan remember the club having to get written permission of his headmaster to play him But the damage is done now can't see him ever putting a good run of games together whether for us ( hope not ) or for anyone else

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    MA think your right playing a man's game at 15 did him know favours at all Evan remember the club having to get written permission of his headmaster to play him But the damage is done now can't see him ever putting a good run of games together whether for us ( hope not ) or for anyone else
    It would be interesting to have him train less, eat more, eat less healthily and go out on the thrash every Thursday at the Dog & Partridge in Tutbury. It worked for some players back in the 70s said an eye witness crazy rodent.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    It would be interesting to have him train less, eat more, eat less healthily and go out on the thrash every Thursday at the Dog & Partridge in Tutbury. It worked for some players back in the 70s said an eye witness crazy rodent.
    MA can't help but feel sorry for the lad But he's had numerous different medical staff at this club and other loan clubs and he never seems to be fit. 16 starts in seven years something radically wrong We would all like him to succeed but can't see it happening I know he's still only 22 but surely by now he would have shown it if was going to I've never seen anything in him to be honest

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)