+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: An Open Letter To The Players

... we all know it's going to be Swindon away when we achieve safety ... keep the faith ...

Good afternoon Crazyfists. I have finally read your letter regarding the demise of our beloved team, and would like to compliment you on the excellent way you have put into words what so many of us believe. This is the first post I have made since I drove up to Nottingham on the 19th February to watch the debacle that was Notts 1-Newport 4. The result last night, and your outstanding letter has made me realise just what Notts have, and continue to mean to me.

Many thanks, and let us hope that last nights result at Carlisle gives us the stimulus to avoid relegation.

Cheers Cheltenham, don't give up yet mate. The players had I believe the last three games before Carlisle. I'm very passionate which is to my detriment sometimes but on the other hand I would never just lay down and give up in anything. Even if the players don't have any affiliation to Notts then their own personal pride as men and the wage they receive should make their working hard as standard. Add to it that they might be the ones to preserve our 157 year old status then hopefully they can see just how much we need them to do their best, not just for us but for people like Jimmy and Jack, past generations and the ones to come. They just need to work hard as they're actually a really good team and I believe in them.

Plus I don't believe any of those players would like to get relegated knowing they didn't give their all. That would kill me if I were them.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Plus I don't believe any of those players would like to get relegated knowing they didn't give their all. That would kill me if I were them.
    The only question is, will crazyfists write another motivational e-mail/speech in time for this Sat???

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    The only question is, will crazyfists write another motivational e-mail/speech in time for this Sat???
    Great work Crazyfists. Expressed really well what it means to most Notts fans. Full marks to Ardley for apparently reading it out before the match. Agree with Gump, we need you for every game!

Ha ha I did think about that but the letter rings true for all the remaining games and it's not over yet. I'll hand deliver one containing nothing but love sprayed with perfume if we can get out of this.

I can't come on Saturday for health reasons so you'll all have to inspire them for me ha ha.

COYP!

Agreed. You wonder that something that none of us are aware of, (yet), must be going on in the background to make a team of players sooo poor, when just a few weeks ago they looked like they would ease us away from the drop zone, no trouble !!! Anyone know owt? Even wild rumours are welcome.
    Well i dont think it has anything to do with Harold Shipman slipping his cocktails into the players drinks...But who knows.. Or could it be that we have stopped the win bonuses???? Or even that certain players get better benefits than others..

Crazyfists, just wanted to say I read your letter pretty much straight after you posted it, I'd been at the Cheltenham game and was hurting pretty bad as i think we all were. I hadn't looked on here in ages but got stuck in to feel a sense of community with what I was feeling - I live in Reading and get to as many games as I can but nowhere near enough - your letter made me weep mate, spot on sentiment and mix of passion and reality.
    You beautifully put what so many people were feeling, my dear old dad died 20 years ago now, he took me to Meadow Lane in 78 for my first Notts match and I've been a passionate long distance Pie ever since.
    Not to para phrase you but for the past generations of fans and those yet to come...COYP!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast