+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grealish

Utterly disgraceful and cowardly.

What is wrong in the head with someone that they can run up to another human being who has done nothing personally to them and punch him from behind.

As to others cheering. Equally repulsive.

Doesn’t matter who the player is, who he plays for, or what he’s “perceived” to have done on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Agreed, and it wasn't just a few. I'm sure it was the pack or mob mentality talking and some of them would regret it later, but that's no excuse. It still shows their basic lack of intelligence and the tendency to act like sheep. I regard myself to be as keen a football fan as anyone, but sometimes I have a problem being associated with "football fans" as a group, because there are too many brainless or easily-led idiots.
    Agree with this^^^

The cretin should see some jail time and I would think Birmingham will be fined.

From the Birmingham mail.

An EFL spokesman said: "The EFL condemns the mindless actions of the individual who encroached on to the pitch at St Andrews on Sunday afternoon.

"It's a situation no player should ever be faced with."

The statement adds: "In all circumstances the playing surface is for players, not supporters and those playing in the game must be safe in the knowledge they will not be subjected to this type of behaviour."

The statement ends: "Whilst this incident falls within the remit of the Football Association, we will work with all the relevant parties to address the issue of player and match officials safety on the pitch and ensure the appropriate action is taken."

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...-jack-15952027
    Last edited by Oldstripy; 10-03-2019 at 06:14 PM.

Got to be a match behind closed doors for that. Fines and bans don’t cut the mustard.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Love Grealish. Great player and a great lad.
    Absolutely agreed Slack, I met the chap about 2 years ago, was so warm in his praise for Notts and said it was a fantastic time, he is a gifted footballer and will go on to big things if he stays injury free, as for the piece of trash that hit him from behind... lets hope the garbage gets a couple of years for it.. wouldn't hold my breath though

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Absolutely agreed Slack, I met the chap about 2 years ago, was so warm in his praise for Notts and said it was a fantastic time, he is a gifted footballer and will go on to big things if he stays injury free, as for the piece of trash that hit him from behind... lets hope the garbage gets a couple of years for it.. wouldn't hold my breath though
    Yeah, I've always been impressed with his attitude. When he was at Notts, he was targeted by pretty much every club we played against. Some of it was so cynical that attempts to hobble him weren't even hidden. But each time he took a hit, he just got back up and asked for the ball. And that was when he was a skinny 18 year old.

He's already a leader at Villa. He'll definitely make it in the Premier League. I'd love it if it was with them, as he's a genuine Villa fan and clubs need players like that in this era of mercenaries.

Another fan of Jack Grealish here and naturally appalled to see the incident at St Andrew's today. Jack was an absolute pleasure to watch in his time at Notts - a real joy at times. It appears that football is a repository for many and varied types of scum-like behaviour unfortunately these days.

Apparently he was also assaulted by a steward while celebrating his goal. Fun times.

Isn't this the same mob that were on the pitch and in the face of the Villa keeper a few years ago? Gutless trailer trash that should be shot.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Apparently he was also assaulted by a steward while celebrating his goal. Fun times.
    I heard that as well, but on watching the goal celebration, I couldn't see anything happen. Great celebration by Grealish though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast