+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newell

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Newell

Sorry if this has been dealt with on another thread, but does anyone know WTF was wrong with Joe Newell? He seemed to be doing OK until the sending off and nearly all second half, until he was subbed, he was just strolling around.
    He looked like he could hardly walk when we got the odd corner or free kick at 1-0 and even when subbed he took an age to come off. Considering I can't remember hI'm having any treatment, does anyone know any reason for this?

Playing for time Ronners

Hoping to keep the score down to 1 or 2 goal defeat.
    None of them covered themselves in any glory.
    Rodak did fine.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 10-03-2019 at 03:09 PM.

Looking at the highlights Casper. Rodak made 5/6 good saves so thought he did ok

Rodak was my MotM cayton
    Despite us conceding 2 goals he can’t be blamed for either.

He's a weird fish is Joe Newell.

I'm not sure whether there's some sort of emotional/psychological issue with him. He has all the talent in the world, and when he's on it is as good as almost any midfielder in THIS division. But for some reason those patches are so few and far between that he becomes a liability, because when he's not on it he's a passenger.

Yesterday he looked as though he was actually sulking!!

Incredibly frustrating player.

Sulker who gives me the impression that he thinks he deserves more and in fact gets what he deserves. Had enough time to show his obvious talent and ability but has nothing in his stomach. Needs to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post
    Sulker who gives me the impression that he thinks he deserves more and in fact gets what he deserves. Had enough time to show his obvious talent and ability but has nothing in his stomach. Needs to wake up
    There is a reason why he is like he is but you are wide of the mark with the reason.

I nearly put in my opening comments that he looked like he was sulking but thought he couldn't be sulking because he was actually starting the game for a change, but it did look like he was.

Poor old Newelly.

With our finances and squad we can’t afford passengers.

Harsh?

Maybe but it’s a hard unforgiving game.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Poor old Newelly.

With our finances and squad we can’t afford passengers.

Harsh?

Maybe but it’s a hard unforgiving game.
    Absolutely bang on Grist

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast