+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Males hugging males.

Males hugging males.

Before kick off, Cambridge players hug each other, shake hands, fist bump etc. All clubs seem to do it. I have got to enjoy the darts, there was a tourny lasst week, and fat, middle aged males hugged each other, whispered god knows what in each others ears....and kissed.

It must be new age psychology from leftie psychologists who sleep with their mothers, have flowers in their hair, and hate males. When i played football, i scored a few, and wouldnt even shake hands, never mind being smothered by most of the team.

Society is sick, and getting sicker. Cambridges naked bike ride through the city cant be far off.

I don't mind males giving males a hug if the occasion calls for it but not before a football has even been kicked at a game,if there has been a screamer of a goal scored then its called for or if a father is giving his son one then that's fine by me but not casual acquaintances
    I'm still not comfortable with same *** marriages,it's just not right and nothing will ever convince me that it is,I squirm when I hear one male call another his husband,I will give it a few more years and we will see same *** animal marriages before long mark my words,the world really is getting that mad

The liberalisation of society, where its seen to be a good thing to break rules, means our kids grow up doing what they want whenever they want because their parents did the same. There are few if any boundaries. This leads to anarchy, personality disorders, and a sicker society where anything goes.

Just look at the current generation. If they get dissapointed they become depressed, suicidal, throw the dummy out the pram. Suffering is good, humans have been doing it since the year dot. There is not a lot of it around, no matter what labour say. Having said that, liberalisation is a different sort of suffering, and its taking a heavy toll.

The invention of the internet is a wonderful thing,it's probably the greatest invention since man decided to give standing upright a go but just look at the misery that it has caused,it's never been easier to be influenced by terrorism and the like,just a few clicks of a keyboard and you can see all sorts of nasty stuff on your phone,kids of any age can see ****ography and violence in an instance,they can view advice on commiting suicide and they are going to grow up thinking that those things are normal,they are the first generation to grow with the internet at their disposal 24/7
    Christianity is at an all time low but other religions attendances haven't seemed to have dropped so it won't belong before Christianity will be overtaken by another faith in this country,I can remember going to church back in the 60's and 70's and it was pretty much full but now you are lucky to see 25% of worshippers in there,the young have no conscience now a days

Quite right Coco. One of the main reasons i came back to Cambridgeshire was the catholic church in the centre of Cambridge. I lost my faith for a long time but found it again. I spent most of my working life with the mentally ill. I cant remember why, but i started to read research on what mental health is, not ill health. One of the common threads that all mentally healthy people have is that they believe in a greater existence, dare i say it...god.

Its not such a way out thing, to my dog, i am god. There is a book for the layman describing mental health, i am sure you will find strength in there. Its called "Life and how to survive it" by Robin Skynner and John Cleese. I know your not a reader, but read it to the end if you can. Theres a shock in there.

When I was I hospital Frank and flying over the cuckoo's nest it was a real eye opener,an outsider would find it hard to distinguish between the patients and the staff,there was one patient who I thought I was a right cheeky f@#ker when he walked into a meeting I was having with my doctor and sat down to take notes and it turned out that he was a member of staff,I had been there a week as well and never knew
    What amazed me was that quackery still exists today,I was offered electric shock treatment to "cure me" I told them right what to do with that idea, f@#k me was they still living in the Victorian era or something?
    Things change Frank,ideas and values that are accepted today will seem old fashioned in ten years time and they would have moved on except for electrolysis it seems,back in the 60's it would have seemed impossible for same *** relationships being normal never mind being able to marry in church!
    If I was to invest in the book how much of it would be relevant today since it was published? I was watching Q.I. the other week and the subject was Richard the First,somebody got docked points because they described him as having a hatchback and Stephen Fry stated that there was no evidence to suggest that and was probably invented by his enemies to make fun of him and yet what was most noticeable about the skeleton dug up in Leicester...a hunched back
    Live your life the best that you can and try and not upset too many people along the way is my philology,I reckon that I've got about ten years left in me,two at work and eight of leisure,reading books ain't going to change anything now so I won't bother
    Last edited by cocopops61; 13-03-2019 at 04:17 PM.

Talking of how long I've got left here,I was talking about retirement when I visited Finances the other day,I could retire on my next birthday if I wanted at a small loss on my pension (5%) I'm going to give it serious thought,I've done 40 years and racing around hospital corridors at 2am doing a runner to icu is a young man's game,my knees ache and I've lost interest in carrying on and I fancy making the most of my final decade,do something that for myself for once and see the places that I've always wanted to visit in the uk,I'm 95% sure that I would have jacked it all in by 2020

Im sorry that you say reading books is not going to change anything. You are closing yourself off from learning, information, change, a new direction. Thats ok if thats what you want. I have had a lot of philosophical discussions in my time, one of them was about ladders. When you climb one, you find yourself at the bottom of a new one.

Sometimes people just cant do it anymore, in this life anyway. As for ect, it is used spuriously, but is also very useful. I have seen people with serious illnesses that havent responded to any treatment, even when the medicinal equivalent of an atomic bomb is administered.
    And yet when they have one ect suddenly, and immediately, they become well. It can be a miracle cure, and no one knows why. Life is rarely simple. I think its like a computer, when it goes wrong you switch it off, and switch it on again, and hey presto, all is well.

I dont know what your doctor is like, there are some brilliant ones around, and some pretty awful ones, its in the luck of the draw, and karma. Nothing in your life is an accident, or your situation. As for retirement, go for it. I love it. If i wanted to, i could go anywhere in the world tomorrow, if my dog sitter says its ok.

In an earlier post you said you trust no one. Its time to start again. Getting hurt is inevitable, as long as you dont give them a second go. The benefits will far outweigh the dissapoitment.

Frank, to redress the balance you need to have another philosophical discussion, about snakes. That should make you feel better. As for going anywhere in the world, you can’t because you don’t trust computers on aircraft.

I think that the self development of the computer will be the end of mankind,look at my post describing Richard the Third for example,my phone decided that I meant Richard the First and he drove a hatchback,one day the computers will compute with each other and decide that they can rule the world better than us,eradicate mankind and Charles Babbage will be seen as their God and another chapter of Earths existence will begin,it's said tongue in cheek but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened,millions of years ago dinosaurs ruled the earth and it looked like nothing would ever change that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)