+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newell

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Yes when Vaulks got sent off we were actually down to 9 men.
    Newell was hopeless yesterday but that shouldn't have surprised anyone because he rarely plays well when he starts a game.
    I'm amazed the management team haven't spotted this!
    Newell staring was the same management thinking that got us thumped at Brentford at the beginning of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Newell staring was the same management thinking that got us thumped at Brentford at the beginning of the season.
    Ah yes, he did a lot of "staring," mainly at the defender who took the ball off him for the ump****th time 😉.

To me, Newell hasn't looked fit all season. I've no idea what he is like in training. If he looks like he's ok in training, but not ok in the first team matches (other than in the odd short spell), it could be some psychological problem. It could even be the negative tactics, or something not at all football-related. Warney needs to find out what is really wrong with him, and try to get him firing on all cylinders again as soon as possible.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 10-03-2019 at 05:45 PM.

I think he's one of those players who are too laid back, if they're really talented they get forgiven for not tracking back etc but I don't think Newell is quite talented enough to get that given kind of break, as someone said above, can't afford passengers in a relegation fight.

Poor old Newelly.

With our finances and squad we can’t afford passengers.

Harsh?

Maybe but it’s a hard unforgiving game.
    Absolutely bang on Grist

Past defending him he can go thinks hes better than he is . Put's a worldly of a cross in then has 3 off games and is a passenger .Poor yesterday i cannot even remember one telling incident where he did anything . He counting down the days till hes contract is up.

Simply he's not championship std. He's had 3 seasons in the championship and prob played a handful of good games...
    Like proctor, Smith Vassell, Taylor towell. And Inc Newell there good league one players and not good enough for this division..

After 6 decades of watching the Millers there’s one thing I know for certain and it’s that Millers fans will support any player who looks as though he’s “putting a shift in” regardless of his actual footballing skills.

Newell fails that test.

Spot on Grist

After 6 decades of watching the Millers there’s one thing I know for certain and it’s that Millers fans will support any player who looks as though he’s “putting a shift in” regardless of his actual footballing skills.

Newell fails that test.
    Which makes it even more staggering that Warne picked him for a game against the Blades where it was blindingly obvious that everyone would need to battle for the entire duration of the game. Bizarre.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast