+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Idiot

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    6 months for an assault of this nature apparently , guess he will serve 3 months if he keeps his head down .

In the grand scheme of things it's something you'd probably see outside city and town centre bars every friday and saturday night and I pretty much doubt those involved receive any kind of custodial sentence .

If they did then the prison system would have problems .

If he gets the full 6 months inside and a lifetime ban from all football grounds then it's reasonable to say justice was served in my opinion .

I wonder if he gave up his season ticket voluntarily and agreed to give up attending football altogether would there be any need to prosecute as it could be argued that "would it be in the public interest" to do so
    Now doesn't that sound ludicrous
    Well it worked for Phill Windsor
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 11-03-2019 at 03:02 AM.

Lets hope wunna our away fans idiots (there are a few) dunt use the televised games at Donny or Walsall to display similar antics.

The shud be made to attend Compounds ivvery Setdi and match neets and made to do sum hard work artside

Good job the Barnsley fan didn’t get hold of Willard in the Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Good job the Barnsley fan didn’t get hold of Willard in the Premier League
    Willard deserved to be brayed tho !!

Let him go free, let him turn up for the next match ~
    after docking the club 20 points.

Problem iz if tha starts docking points then sum opposition fan might climb ovva wall such azzat Oakwell and feyt wia player to gerruz points docked. FA ad be in like a shot iffit happened at Oakwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Willard deserved to be brayed tho !!
    Plus he’s a nice bloke that did it

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Plus he’s a nice bloke that did it
    Worrit thee

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Problem iz if tha starts docking points then sum opposition fan might climb ovva wall such azzat Oakwell and feyt wia player to gerruz points docked. FA ad be in like a shot iffit happened at Oakwell.
    Alan Shearer reccuns points deducted is ony rooard to stoppit , am in agreemunt wi SB missen ,

It's a social problem, football clubs do their bit and there's only so much tha can do wi art fencing us all back in which is not a solution. As animal said in an earlier post tha can't legislate for a few idiots arta a 30,000 crowd but unprovoked attacks happen in most towns and cities every Saturday night.

Dooali sed abart stewards but they do a good job on the whole in my opinion. Them stewards at Wembley did a manful job that day. They were being coined, pushed, punched, abused and spat at by the millwall yobs (i saw this with my own eyes as i was sat right on the divide that day) but the stewards under unrelenting strain managed to hold most of em back till the old bill made an appearance 10 minutes later. A can't say ad a been as keen as they were that day to do that horrible job holding back the Neanderthals on minimum wage. Credit to em.

A few recent unsavoury incidents in football grounds have got people nationwide talking far too negatively in my opinion. These incidents are unfortunate to say the least but but we must remember that they are few and far between. It'd be nice to hear some positivity about football supporters for a change. The game has come a long way since the 70s and 80s when the fenced in dilapidated grounds were the last place many run of the mill fans wanted to be when hooliganism was at its peak. The game was dying back then but since better facilities were built the game has cleaned up its act on the whole. Attendances have gone back up, the vast majority are there to enjoy the spectacle and trouble is kept down to a minimum. I think some credibility should be due rather than talk of fences etc.

The fact is though, the game will always be tarnished by past misdemeanors and heavier sentences handed out because of association or involvement in football when these incidents occur. Two separate rules for the same crime in other words.

There isn't a solution bar upping the security at football grounds. I don't agree with that by the way because I'll reiterate that the vast majority go about their business in an orderly fashion. Points deduction is wrong too. SB hits the nail on the head in that respect. We're talking about idiotic individuals here and not football supporters in general who deserve commendation imo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast