+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rams vs Stoke.....

Jack Butland MOTM. With any other keeper it would have been several nil. Wilson a deception again. Roos had nowt to do. The rest were, IMO, good to very good.

I think I watched a different game

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I think I watched a different game
    Differing opinions is what it's about. Roger that.

I will expand a little:

Played well. All over them 1st half and they can thank Butland they were still in it at HT. Still the better side 2nd half but only just. They played to protect the clean sheet 2nd half and did it well.

MOTM was Jack Butland.

Roos had nothing to do. One glaring error when he started to come for the ball and then decided against it. He got away with it. His first blunder in this run of games he has had.

Bogle looked a veteran both in attack and defence. He is still learning and will still make mistakes but he is coming on in leaps and bounds. Might his return to form have something to do with Cole's influence?

Keogh a rock. Very good game.

Tomori another rock. Very good game.

Malone had a good un both in attack and in defence.

BJ was steady. Some good passes. 1 cracking shot just wide. Puts some meat into the midfield.

Hudds was unlucky not to score. Seems to be almost out of that little patch he had where he was all too often caught in possession.

Holmes yet again good. Our brightest attacking spark using his speed and directness to good use. He may be small and light but he has a strength that sees him difficult to knock off the ball.

Wilson still off the pace and has been ever since his injury. He tried a lot but lost control or was tackled or made the wrong choice or was fouled and, apart from that late free kick and the header almost straight at Butland there wasn't enough end product, not enough creativity.
    Waggy everywhere. Just not the right ball. No criticism of Waggy but I can't help but think that we might have been better off starting Nugent last night against Stoke's 9 foot 11 central defenders even though he is only 5 foot 11.

Lawro had his best game for a while going back to well before his injury. When he went down in the 1st half I thought it was the end of him. He looked in a lot of pain and I was more than happy to see him able to continue.

It's a good point, more than expected. But after such a poor performance from Stoke, I can't help but feel deflated that we couldn't capitalise and snatch a win.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Nothing more sinister than the fact that he’s been ill is it mista? When he arrived I thought he looked a bit too ‘chunky’ but as he settled down he seemed strong, effective and mobile with a great eye for goal.
    He got a debilitating virus - **** happens - which would take anyone, especially a professional athlete, time to recover from. As far as I’ve heard that’s all there is to it. Hope that’s the case, he’s still a potentially great signing imo, but I do think he needs a big fellah to play off.
    RA I don't really want say to much because you don't really know what is true and what are lies But I can remember Nick Mcarthy saying when he had him in loan at Ipswich he sent him back because of his weight and fitness problems

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Differing opinions is what it's about. Roger that.

I will expand a little:

Played well. All over them 1st half and they can thank Butland they were still in it at HT. Still the better side 2nd half but only just. They played to protect the clean sheet 2nd half and did it well.

MOTM was Jack Butland.

Roos had nothing to do. One glaring error when he started to come for the ball and then decided against it. He got away with it. His first blunder in this run of games he has had.

Bogle looked a veteran both in attack and defence. He is still learning and will still make mistakes but he is coming on in leaps and bounds. Might his return to form have something to do with Cole's influence?

Keogh a rock. Very good game.

Tomori another rock. Very good game.

Malone had a good un both in attack and in defence.

BJ was steady. Some good passes. 1 cracking shot just wide. Puts some meat into the midfield.

Hudds was unlucky not to score. Seems to be almost out of that little patch he had where he was all too often caught in possession.

Holmes yet again good. Our brightest attacking spark using his speed and directness to good use. He may be small and light but he has a strength that sees him difficult to knock off the ball.

Wilson still off the pace and has been ever since his injury. He tried a lot but lost control or was tackled or made the wrong choice or was fouled and, apart from that late free kick and the header almost straight at Butland there wasn't enough end product, not enough creativity.
    Waggy everywhere. Just not the right ball. No criticism of Waggy but I can't help but think that we might have been better off starting Nugent last night against Stoke's 9 foot 11 central defenders even though he is only 5 foot 11.

Lawro had his best game for a while going back to well before his injury. When he went down in the 1st half I thought it was the end of him. He looked in a lot of pain and I was more than happy to see him able to continue.
    MA good analysis that's the best we've played for weeks should have won though Feel sorry for the Stokies having to watch that. I'm always slating Lawrence but he was very good last night If he could put three or four of those performance s together i might start to like him But I won't hold my breath

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    MA good analysis that's the best we've played for weeks should have won though Feel sorry for the Stokies having to watch that. I'm always slating Lawrence but he was very good last night If he could put three or four of those performance s together i might start to like him But I won't hold my breath
    Only hearing from a distance, but it sounds as if we were unlucky and DCFCA hasn’t been ranting so we must have been half decent.
    Those last four home games have cost us dearly though. 5 points from 12 when it could so easily have been 9 or 12/12...and with ’Boro stumbling that would really have put us up there. Even 7/12 and a top six finish would have been more realistic.
    Got to fancy Villa now imo and tbh would we have a prayer against any of Leeds, Sheffield United or Villa in the play offs?

tbh would we have a prayer against any of Leeds, Sheffield United or Villa in the play offs?
    With everybody fit and a following wind we might but I doubt we will get either.

Only hearing from a distance, but it sounds as if we were unlucky and DCFCA hasn’t been ranting so we must have been half decent.
    Those last four home games have cost us dearly though. 5 points from 12 when it could so easily have been 9 or 12/12...and with ’Boro stumbling that would really have put us up there. Even 7/12 and a top six finish would have been more realistic.
    Got to fancy Villa now imo and tbh would we have a prayer against any of Leeds, Sheffield United or Villa in the play offs?
    RA yes we were good last night Credit where it's due Tomori MoM.followed closely by Bogle Lawrence and Holmes I said last week time to give Mitchel- Lawson a game he didn't get long to make us mark But play him wide right and he can cause damage Very fast, direct, good crosser Fingers crossed I'm confident he can become a crowd favourite Don't know if Swindon have any appearance clauses on him when we nicked him
    Last edited by mistaram; 14-03-2019 at 04:38 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)