+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What needs to change at Dundee United

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Good op by the way.

I think what needs to change may already have changed, it's just we're not seeing the results from it yet.

We have a new owner who is experienced in business and experienced in the sports business. It is very likely he is used to winning and achieving his objectives.

He will be looking not just at the results but also at the very poor poor quality of play on show. I would imagine it won't be long before he says to Robbie, hey if that's what you're serving up, if that's the best you can do with my investment in your player budget, time to move on buddy.

I think we can all accept defeat - even failure up to a point - if we're seeing good football being played by the team.
    I think you have a valid point.
    Much will depend on how we don’t come up (assuming we don’t).
    If we don’t reach the play off final then I’d expect MO to seriously consider Robbie’s position.
    It might not be what the supporters want but as you say he’s a businessman.

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    I think you have a valid point.
    Much will depend on how we don’t come up (assuming we don’t).
    If we don’t reach the play off final then I’d expect MO to seriously consider Robbie’s position.
    It might not be what the supporters want but as you say he’s a businessman.
    Cheers. I think the support all want Robbie to be successful. I dont see any posts saying time to go etc.
    But.... It's in his hands. If he persists with a narrow 4231 that isn't working, if he is unable to coach the existing players into a skilful bright creative attacking unit, then ultimately if he gets a P45 it will be of his own doing.
    Like I've said, I want him to succeed but already Ogren must be looking at the quality he's delivering and at least having wee nagging doubts.

It's unrealistic to think a championship winning team can be built quickly. It's not impossible but we are the proof to the contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It's unrealistic to think a championship winning team can be built quickly. It's not impossible but we are the proof to the contrary.
    I never said we should have a championship winning team by now Terry. With all due respect you need to read my posts properly. What I said was that the fans are entitled to see SIGNS by now that Robbie is coaching an attractive style of play that will create chances from open play.

If you read carefully, I never said you did.

If you read carefully aye whatever you say.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    If you read carefully aye whatever you say.
    Touche.

I don't think Ogren will give Robbie beyond October next season if we aren't right in the title chase. He won't want to underwrite a further season in the Championship for season 20/21 and that might make him blink if we aren't looking good.

The title is gone. Robbie has one priority in my mind between now and season's end: get this team mentally prepared for the pressure they'll face in the play-offs.

It's the biggest weakness we have, even beyond tactics.

Take the players on team building pish, bring in a sports psychologist NOW to work with the players with a view towards 8th May (If we finish 3rd or 4th) or 15th May if we hold 2nd.

We can't waste time hoping the squad will come good. The mental weakness issue is clear as day. We've got to act on it.

We've 8 or 9 weeks to get ready.

Get the shrinks in now.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    I don't think Ogren will give Robbie beyond October next season if we aren't right in the title chase. He won't want to underwrite a further season in the Championship for season 20/21 and that might make him blink if we aren't looking good.

The title is gone. Robbie has one priority in my mind between now and season's end: get this team mentally prepared for the pressure they'll face in the play-offs.

Take the players on team building pish, bring in a sports psychologist NOW to work with the players with a view towards 8th May (If we finish 3rd or 4th) or 15th May if we hold 2nd.

We can't waste time hoping the squad will come good. The mental weakness issue is clear as day. We've got to act on it.

Get the shrinks in now.
    F ucking bang on!

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post

Get the shrinks in now.
    How many shrinks do you think Jurgen Klopp employs? How many shrinks do you think Fergie employed.

Good coaches don't need shrinks much because they're able to motivate the players themselves. That's what good coaches are capable of. If we need to turn to psychologists for the players in this situation we are more f$%#ed than I thought.

Ps we don't have 8 or 9 weeks to get ready. We're not in the play offs just yet.
    Last edited by stokearab; 13-03-2019 at 11:26 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)