+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jamie Johnson: signings he recommended, signings he didn't

Jamie Johnson: signings he recommended, signings he didn't

I don't think Purrington faded, I just think Warne preferred Mattock and to be fair Mattock has done really well this season. Also, I met Jamie Johnson a few times, he appeared at fans forums so to not have a picture of him in the archives is the newspapers fault, not his. Otherwise very interesting. Ajayi??

I don't know how much money Johnson was on, but whether it was his fault or the club's, it was money down the toilet.

From the article, it sounds like Warney has a rather better recruitment record than the ZX Spectrum

https://www.google.com/search?client...&bih=613&dpr=1

Here are some photos of Jamie Johnson

I don't think there will be many fans who don't believe that Clark Robertson has been the best signing of the season. I'd love to know the details about who spotted Ajayi as I think if it was Johnson then he definitely earned his money. Paul seems to be really pushing Rob Scott, I loved Scott and his long throws as a player but not heard great things about him as a manager so not 100% sure he is the right man.

Rob Scott's name keeps coming up. Done deal?

obviously we all want the best man for the job but, all other things being equal, someone local rather than remote would surely be better.

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    I don't think there will be many fans who don't believe that Clark Robertson has been the best signing of the season. I'd love to know the details about who spotted Ajayi as I think if it was Johnson then he definitely earned his money. Paul seems to be really pushing Rob Scott, I loved Scott and his long throws as a player but not heard great things about him as a manager so not 100% sure he is the right man.
    tony, I always thought it was Neil Warnock, who on arriving at Cardiff, suggested to our club we could take Ajayi on loan to give him more game time. As Warnock settled more into his role as Manager at Cardiff, he realised Ajayi was surplus to requirements and wanted him off the books. That's how we had the chance to offer him a permeant contract at the end of his tenure with Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Rob Scott's name keeps coming up. Done deal?

obviously we all want the best man for the job but, all other things being equal, someone local rather than remote would surely be better.
    Wrinks, old boys club, I bet he's the front runner. Thing is, TS was impressed with Johnson's software approach and I doubt Scott has this. Having said that, word of mouth in football goes a long way to also seeking out prospective players and I bet Scott has some good contacts darn sarf.

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    I don't think Scott was popular with the Grimsby fans as joint manager with Paul Hurst (but neither was Hurst until he got them promoted). As a joint manager it would be difficult to know what he did and didn't do and how well it worked - although it was him who got sacked not Hursty.

Managing and scouting are very different of course. We'll not know how good he is until when/if he gets the job (and probably not then either - as with Johnson)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast