+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Team and Formation

Team and Formation

Because NA seems stuck on playing the same team with the same tactics and formation. I wondered what everyone else’s team and formation would be for Tuesday nights game?
    I’d go with 4-1-3-2. Look to stop leaking goals and snatch 1 on the break

Schofield GK
    Tootle RB
    Barclay CB
    Stubbs CB
    Milsom LB
    Rose DM
    O’Brien CM
    OSbourne CM
    Doyle CM
    Etete ST
    Campbell ST

Bring in the youth, can’t do much worse

I think most fans have accepted relegation as a done thing so why not

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowpie View Post
    Because NA seems stuck on playing the same team with the same tactics and formation. I wondered what everyone else’s team and formation would be for Tuesday nights game?
    I’d go with 4-1-3-2. Look to stop leaking goals and snatch 1 on the break

Schofield GK
    Tootle RB
    Barclay CB
    Stubbs CB
    Milsom LB
    Rose DM
    O’Brien CM
    OSbourne CM
    Doyle CM
    Etete ST
    Campbell ST

Bring in the youth, can’t do much worse
    Osbourne is a winger, Etete is on trial at Spurs, Campbell has just ended a long run without scoring and the two kids in the heart of our defence have shown that you can do worse, some of the defending recently has been diabolical... So I'd say no thanks to all.

Schofield

Tootle
    Duffy
    Stubbs
    Milsom

Doyle
    O'Brien
    Rose

Enzio
    Hemmings
    CMS

Playing the kids at the back hasn't worked, as much as people like to moan about Duffy I think we miss him, he was fine last season with a competent goalkeeper behind him even if he does win freekicks, it worked and Barclay hasn't done enough to convince me he's anything special to be honest, lets not forget it was Duffy's form under Nolan that improved massively and kept us up the first time around.

I doubt Etete will be risked with his impending transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Osbourne is a winger, Etete is on trial at Spurs, Campbell has just ended a long run without scoring and the two kids in the heart of our defence have shown that you can do worse, some of the defending recently has been diabolical... So I'd say no thanks to all.

Schofield

Tootle
    Duffy
    Stubbs
    Milsom

Doyle
    O'Brien
    Rose

Enzio
    Hemmings
    CMS

Playing the kids at the back hasn't worked, as much as people like to moan about Duffy I think we miss him, he was fine last season with a competent goalkeeper behind him even if he does win freekicks, it worked and Barclay hasn't done enough to convince me he's anything special to be honest, lets not forget it was Duffy's form under Nolan that improved massively and kept us up the first time around.
    Spot on with that team, time for Duff man.

Schofield

Tootle
    Duffy
    Stubbs
    Milsom

Doyle
    O'Brien
    Rose

Enzio
    Hemmings
    CMS

Looks good to me.

Schofield

Tootle
    Duffy
    Stubbs
    Milsom

Doyle
    O'Brien
    Rose

Enzio
    Hemmings
    CMS

I agree that Barclay has been a disappointment, but I’d much prefer Bird to Duffy. Doyle has been a huge disappointment in the last four games, too - I’d play Kellett over him (just because I’m clinging to the belief that there’s a decent footballer in there).

We have had zero goal threat in the last three games, but can’t see a clear solution to that problem. If we go 4-3-3 (ideally we’d go 4-4-3 and the ref wouldn’t notice), I’d play Osborne as one of the front three just due to his goals for the under-23s. CMS and Enzio have both been poor in the last few games, but who hasn’t? We haven’t been able to harness the pace of either of them or Gomis, and I’ve long since given up on Hemmings, so let’s just pick two names out of the hat.

I am long resigned to the fact that whatever combination of players we put out there, and whatever formation they are asked to play in, the end result will be that we can neither defend nor score goals.

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    I am long resigned to the fact that whatever combination of players we put out there, and whatever formation they are asked to play in, the end result will be that we can neither defend nor score goals.
    That was not the outcome against Lincoln, FGR and Mansfailed.

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    Me too. I still don't think this is the worst squad we've had, but they are doing their very best to prove me wrong.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast