+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Other club’s fan opinions!

Wagner did extraordinary thing with a very limited squad. After promotion they failed to sign or produce a decent striker and while their chairman sold his company for 300 million it's unlikely he spent enough to guarantee survival, even with the promotion payment. Jokanovic had probably the best squad in the championship playing by far and away the most attractive football, but as has been said Fulham spent a fortune to no good effect. A mate who was a huge Fulham fan said it was a massive mistake but whether it was Jokanovic's of the Board, as Much has said, who knows. But I think it's clear to me at least that Jokanovic certainly has a keener understanding of tactics and where to play people than BD or Jones. 2 Million is nothing in the scheme of things if that's what he's asking.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Interesting that I've lived for most of the last 15 years in London. And generally we have been a well liked and well regarded club. I think most people like the fact we're self sufficient and have generally liked to play attractive football in the past.

When Pulis took over, we became an ugly side to watch, even for our own fans. And I think most could understand why we wanted him out.

I also think most national fans historically regarded Wolves and Villa as the arrogant fans in our area. I reckon this is changing now because we have fans, many on this board even, who think we have a divine right to be in the premiership. And we don't.

We wanted Pulis out because we wanted to see some attractive football, we had a man in charge this season who wanted to provide that for us and many fans have got frustrated with the time it has taken to transition to a side capable of that. It was never going to be an overnight thing after 3 years of anti-football.

Seriously, if we get Wagner or Moyes - two managers its highly reported that we're talking to. It will take me a bit of time to understand that decision making process.
    I don’t agree that most fans think we have a “divine right”.......after 46 years of supporting the club that isn’t my assessment of the many fans I’ve met.

People react to what they see in front of them,they are not fools.

Poor selection,silly formations,lack of zest and enthusiasm wind people up.

One home win in 10 matches tells you you have a problem and it’s one that Moore was found to be incapable of solving even against a doomed team.

I don’t know your age but I get the feeling that you weren’t around when we were in the third division!?

Well I was,I was also at Auto Glass Trophy matches and the like in crowds of 4000......I watched us play Orient on the first ever big screen at the Hawthorns on a freezing winters night.......like a lot of others I put in the hard yards.

I find the present situation so galling because it was so easily avoided but transfer policy and recruitment has been so bad since Ashworth left that it became inevitable.

A few million extra for a proper centre forward,an attacking midfielder with some goals in him and proper full backs.....areas we have been weak in for five or more years!

Most fans are frustrated at mismanagement rather than being people with delusions of grandeur.

That is also my stance.

Lai is a fool.....him and the Peace that ran the club on such a shoestring in his last two years are the reason I’m so angry with my club.

Quote Originally Posted by Roymit View Post
    Wagner did extraordinary thing with a very limited squad. After promotion they failed to sign or produce a decent striker and while their chairman sold his company for 300 million it's unlikely he spent enough to guarantee survival, even with the promotion payment. Jokanovic had probably the best squad in the championship playing by far and away the most attractive football, but as has been said Fulham spent a fortune to no good effect. A mate who was a huge Fulham fan said it was a massive mistake but whether it was Jokanovic's of the Board, as Much has said, who knows. But I think it's clear to me at least that Jokanovic certainly has a keener understanding of tactics and where to play people than BD or Jones. 2 Million is nothing in the scheme of things if that's what he's asking.
    Wagner has been described as the German Pulis. He got his team promoted through the play offs with a -1 goal difference for the season.

Keeping them up was a massive achievement I agree, but they finished on 37 points last season. And they took 6 points off us. Without our 'helping hand' they would have been dead and buried. I can honestly say I've never looked at Huddersfield under him and thought, 'wow, I'd like us to play like them'...

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I don’t agree that most fans think we have a “divine right”.......after 46 years of supporting the club that isn’t my assessment of the many fans I’ve met.

People react to what they see in front of them,they are not fools.

Poor selection,silly formations,lack of zest and enthusiasm wind people up.

One home win in 10 matches tells you you have a problem and it’s one that Moore was found to be incapable of solving even against a doomed team.

I don’t know your age but I get the feeling that you weren’t around when we were in the third division!?

Well I was,I was also at Auto Glass Trophy matches and the like in crowds of 4000......I watched us play Orient on the first ever big screen at the Hawthorns on a freezing winters night.......like a lot of others I put in the hard yards.

I find the present situation so galling because it was so easily avoided but transfer policy and recruitment has been so bad since Ashworth left that it became inevitable.

A few million extra for a proper centre forward,an attacking midfielder with some goals in him and proper full backs.....areas we have been weak in for five or more years!

Most fans are frustrated at mismanagement rather than being people with delusions of grandeur.

That is also my stance.

Lai is a fool.....him and the Peace that ran the club on such a shoestring in his last two years are the reason I’m so angry with my club.
    I guess what is done is done now with Moore.

All I will say is there should have been a plan if we were going to sack him, to replace him with someone better.

I will wait with baited breath....

Wagner has been described as the German Pulis. He got his team promoted through the play offs with a -1 goal difference for the season.

Keeping them up was a massive achievement I agree, but they finished on 37 points last season. And they took 6 points off us. Without our 'helping hand' they would have been dead and buried. I can honestly say I've never looked at Huddersfield under him and thought, 'wow, I'd like us to play like them'...
    I don't disagree on your analysis but unlike Pulis I think Wagner had a plan B and maybe even a C, simply not the players to do it with. I'm not hoping for him anyway, but Jokanovic I certainly think worth the money.

Interesting that I've lived for most of the last 15 years in London. And generally we have been a well liked and well regarded club. I think most people like the fact we're self sufficient and have generally liked to play attractive football in the past.

When Pulis took over, we became an ugly side to watch, even for our own fans. And I think most could understand why we wanted him out.

I also think most national fans historically regarded Wolves and Villa as the arrogant fans in our area. I reckon this is changing now because we have fans, many on this board even, who think we have a divine right to be in the premiership. And we don't.

We wanted Pulis out because we wanted to see some attractive football, we had a man in charge this season who wanted to provide that for us and many fans have got frustrated with the time it has taken to transition to a side capable of that. It was never going to be an overnight thing after 3 years of anti-football.

Seriously, if we get Wagner or Moyes - two managers its highly reported that we're talking to. It will take me a bit of time to understand that decision making process.
    I agree with your points about Wagner and Moyes. I can't see what they would add. I'd read reports that Wagner had ruled himself out in any case. I also agree that we should have had a plan B if we were going to get shot of BD. That said, I don't know if you were there but Saturday's game really hit a new low. Everything was bad, IMO we were lucky to get a draw then to hear the confused, odd responses that BD gave in his post match interview, I thought it was just time to go given what has gone on with our home form and the lack of tactical nouse. I really do not agree that some of our supporters including some on this board believe that we have a divine right to be in the Premier League. Most of our supporters are realists and IMO the sacking of BD isn't about that but it is about us watching apathetic tactically naive performances against teams like Sheff Utd and Leeds who show more desire, appear fresher and tactically over-run us without necessary being better teams. I really think something has gone on we don't know about looking at the way the players have responded lately but what do I know?

I have to agree with many of the comments on here that things haven't been right in our last three or four games. The performances have been so lack lustre and devoid of any cohesion, energy and desire. Something has gone on that we are not aware of is the only answer that I can think of. What, I don't know, but something is amiss. Let's hope that it's sorted out before the Swansea game as we just can't afford to lose yet another home game.

What do you expect? Any club that sacks a manager when you are 4th would raise eyebrows especially when Darren still had a chance to take us up via the play offs. It isn't rocket science. Especially when you de rail a club with no replacement. We look stupid to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    What do you expect? Any club that sacks a manager when you are 4th would raise eyebrows especially when Darren still had a chance to take us up via the play offs. It isn't rocket science. Especially when you de rail a club with no replacement. We look stupid to everyone.
    I don't understand your post Boingy. I'm saying that there has been something amiss for the last three or four games. That has nothing to do with DM being sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    On our manager decision.
    Go and fk yourselves in the head!
    Christ on a bike.....Leeds fans lecturing us on Facebook along with all the hundreds of others who wouldn’t have the first clue about us. Somebody needs to hack FB and crash the f king thing. Idiots.
    Woohh Micky, take it easy there laddy lol.
    Does that apply to all non-Baggie fans who post on here then (including a certain Barnsley fan like me ?).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)