+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: which millers player, past or present, has most wasted their potential?

JCH coulda shoulda woulda been a good player

again....good call pip_y

Every time I see his goal against Leeds I think to myself, what happened to him?

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    JCH coulda shoulda woulda been a good player
    Might still be... in the lower divisions. Tony Simmons was an injury prone player, whose main asset was his speed. When injuries slowed him down he didn't have much else. Raggy got into our first team at at very young age, so by the time he was in his late 20s he was burgered - too many injuries and too many miles on the clock. Several good seasons from him for the Millers , but I don't think that he was big and strong enough to succeed in the top division. Great entertainer though.

Tony Simmon's father died a few weeks ago. I got a text from the family. Last time i saw him( a few years ago) he was working part time with Lincoln Utd.

Stephen Brogan used to play consistently well for us but then broke his leg. It was a nasty break and he didn't really play for us after that and has been non league since I think. I always wonder if he could have made it.

I also used to have high hopes for Paul Dillon but injury did him too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    Stephen Brogan used to play consistently well for us but then broke his leg. It was a nasty break and he didn't really play for us after that and has been non league since I think. I always wonder if he could have made it.

I also used to have high hopes for Paul Dillon but injury did him too.
    Yes, very sad. I was at the game when Brogan's leg got broken. I was at the opposite end of the ground, but knew straight away that it was bad news because I could see the Franchise players immediately urgently waving to get the stretcher on. He was in great form when it happened.

Steve Alabi?

McInnes - young Scottish player that George Kerr said he'd bet with anyone that he'd go on to play for Scotland.......

I have got vague memories of Emlyn Hughes saying a young Millers prospect was going to be "better than Zico".

Got a feeling he was Scottish and his surname was "Alexander".....or something like it.

Saw him play a few times . All I can say is Hughes must have been on LSD when he made that prediction.

Was it Ian Alexander? A defender I think...

Zico? He was a goalscoring midfielder - Emlyn must have been well away with the proverbial.....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast