+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: which millers player, past or present, has most wasted their potential?

I think Gary Roberts scored from the half way line for us at Valley Parade.

Not his fault, but Matt Clarkes' transfer to Wednesday( there's a pattern here), set him back, when he could have been a contender. No surprise, they turned England keeper, Chris Woods into a nervous wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Robin Friday

the player who was supposedly better than Best

Yes, ex Reading player.

A bit of. “Tea leaf” in his youth.

Chris Hudson. Played full back, but boy oh boy was he skilled. Used to run rings around everyone in training. When practising with a tennis ball he would flick it over your foot in the blink of an eye long before Maradona even thought about trying it. Sadly, his ankle injury ruined his career. Lovely bloke too.

Johnny Ryder, hard as nails and a shot like Casper. When we were at Rotherham juniors Tommy Docherty told John that he had to lose weight....."Son, you need to choose between beer and football". Poor old John told him that he'd see him in The Millmoor Pub in an hour or two and let him know his decision....it didn't end well.
    Last edited by sota; 13-03-2019 at 04:36 AM.

Ruben Reid. One good season with us seemingly led to bigger and better things higher up the ladder with West Brom who I think were in the Premier league at the time. He had the ability and instinct. If I had to guess what his downfall was, I'd say it was his attitude. Failed to make an impact at Albion and has spent his career since in the lower leagues

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456