+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: which millers player, past or present, has most wasted their potential?

which millers player, past or present, has most wasted their potential?

Maybe a controversial one, but I would pick Shaun Goodwin

i think that's a very good call, grist.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Maybe a controversial one, but I would pick Shaun Goodwin
    Exactly my thoughts before I saw your post

Grist, I don't blame Raggy at all for his non development but I do blame Billy McEwan who stifled his promising career. Everton were after Raggy for a whole season but were told to go away as we were to build our team around Raggy. Nowt happened and Raggy just fell by the way side.

My choice would be Dexter Blackstock. He had all the opportunity to......wtf am I saying?

No my choice would have to be Will Hoskins. What an incredibly gifted player who scored for fun and one so young. Thing is it all went to his head. Knilly once told me about the time he bought his first car, a high powered Merc, and he smashed it up through drink driving. Apparently his Mother went hairless at Knilly, claiming the club had no right to pay him all that money to someone so young, and Knilly should have taken better care of him. Laughable I know.

Another good call Brin

I don't think Raggy wasted his potential tbh. Had he been good enough to play at a much higher level he would have done make no mistake, he needed the dough. Also don't believe the myth his brother Wayne was a better footballer than him either, because although good, good enough to play at professional level, he wasn't as good as Raggy.

I actually think Michael Keane could have played at a higher level if his head had been right. I'm talking pre us tbh, by the time he signed for us he was well on the way down. However for his professional career to finish in his late twenties, that was criminal and definitely lots of wasted years there.

Riley, Keane was crap.

Ben Pringle should have gone on to better things but went backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Riley, Keane was crap.
    Yep for us but was a very promising youngster who played as a regular in a very good Preston side that missed out on going to the premier league by a whisker. Moyes got the Everton job and it went downhill for Keane from there.

Raggy and Hoskins were league 1 players. I did love Raggy though, great little player

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast