+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Improvement ?

Improvement ?

Now that the team is on the up how could Rafa improve the team considering that our goalie is solid, the back line is the same, midfield players have been excellent lately and with the addition of Almiron the forward line has been much improved. Togetherness is great and the effort is good. The only real thing I can think of is the passing at times isn't the greatest. Still think Shelvey should be on the team in that respect. OK have at me.

Better player than the dummy will help the team and dummy
    New midfielder ,I'd cash in on shelves and also replace ki
    A new winger and a striker
    And we could push for a top 10 spot on a regular

Before any of this can happen, we NEED the manager to stay

New owner with ambition
    And keep Rafa as Mick says

Just keep tweaking as we are by adding the odd player here and there without going silly in the transfer market to where it could become unsustainable in short order.

All parties simply push together in the right direction should see a continued advancement.
    I think we've seen that this squad was nowhere near as bad as people thought if it was allowed to express a bit more which it has been...and even more so with Almiron added in but certainly not specific to him.

Rafa has shown he can get a lot more from the players in a better balanced set up, so, if he carries that on and signs on for extra then I'm sure he'll be given enough funds to tweak the squad further and add that bit extra to move us on a touch.

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    New owner with ambition
    And keep Rafa as Mick says
    I think maybe keeping Rafa (and that's a big maybe) is the best we can hope for, getting rid of Ashley at this stage is a lost cause.

Keeping Rafa is key.

If we keep him then i'd be looking at another striker and another winger.

Also agree with the idea of replacing Ki.

Cant see any improvement happening.We will lose Rafa in 8 games time.The club will still be run on a shoestring for as long as the fat kunt owns us.He will then employ a "yes man".Someone a bit like ghost who will think he is some sort of God and good for the club.Someone who likes 17th finishes every year.Tim Sherwood maybe,a fellow cockney.
    Hope I am wrong and Rafa stays but I wont hold my breath.
    Also anyone,seems there is at least 1 that thinks our upturn in fortune isn't in part down to Almiron signing obviously hasn't seen us play since he came.It has given the whole squad a lift,we are attacking more as we have more space,that is down to opposition being wary of the pace he possesses and backing off a little more than they did.
    Look how good we were under Sir Bob,the squad was littered with pace,it scares the opposition.
    So glad we didn't go gung ho at the start of the season like some(2 people on here)wanted.Our goal difference looks like being as good as a pt as it stands.Well done Rafa and the players.Ashley and Penfold,Bishop and Barnes,phuck off sharpish.

We need more quality forwards Perez needs more consistancy Rondon is good enough. Joselu not good enough we need better quality squad players.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kirkland View Post
    We need more quality forwards Perez needs more consistancy Rondon is good enough. Joselu not good enough we need better quality squad players.
    This is the real answer. Without a strong backup squad with a couple of injuries/suspensions/loss of form to key players we are lost without backup. Rafa is performing miracles with bare bones.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)