+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Schar

Schar

Apparently Spurs and Arsenal are after Schar.

He was a bargain. After a dodgy start he's been generally solid and is good taking the ball forward. He and lejeune work really well on the ends of a back 3.

So..do you think he will go? How much is he worth...how much would you sell him for?

I find it really hard to put a value on players since the figures rocketed a few years ago.

What I will say is that I'd be far more comfortable selling Lascelles as his form has been nothing compared to last season and we already have a like for like replacement in fernandez.

Don’t know about value but a lot. One thing, though, I’ll be devastated if he’s sold.

Guess I’d better prepare myself.

He is worth much more than lascelles
    Much better player .
    Will we cash in on one more than likely .

I also would prefer to see Lascelles sold rather than Schar. Turned into a solid defender.

Schar is probably my favourite player at the moment, love fearless players who can run at the defense and draw them out of position. He knows where the goal is too. Great acquisition and should be captain of the team.

I think Lascalles should be 4th choice centre half

He's been great....Saturday was at odds with most of his other performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    He's been great....Saturday was at odds with most of his other performances.
    I think Lejeune is every bit as good as Schar. More defensivly minded, but just as good a long passer.

Let's face it, in Lejeune, Schar, Lascelles, Fernandez and Clark, Rafa has given us the best set of centre back units to choose from in the Premier league.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    Apparently Spurs and Arsenal are after Schar.

He was a bargain. After a dodgy start he's been generally solid and is good taking the ball forward. He and lejeune work really well on the ends of a back 3.

So..do you think he will go? How much is he worth...how much would you sell him for?

I find it really hard to put a value on players since the figures rocketed a few years ago.

What I will say is that I'd be far more comfortable selling Lascelles as his form has been nothing compared to last season and we already have a like for like replacement in fernandez.
    Why do you want to put a value on him?? We shouldn't even be thinking of selling him, future captain for sure, agree, sell Lascelles first IF WE HAVE TO.

I really hope we don't sell him.

However i can see the fat prick cashing in on him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)