+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Day in Parliament

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Tomorrow's vote does not negate Article 50, and that still says we leave the EU on March 29th. I'm not saying we will leave without an agreement, it's looking less likely by the day, just that there's work for the traitors to do yet.

I still don't understand the point of another referendum. The result of the first one has been ignored and overturned, so what legitimacy could another one have, even in the unlikely event it did come up with a decisive outcome one way or the other ?

Your faith in the opinion polls is touching 59, it reminds me of OC's beloved TM values, not much better than guesswork and more often than not miles out.
    You Can say that again Sinkov

3 steps to the superstate.

1 Vote to reject a crap deal

2 Vote NOT to leave without a deal

3 Vote to extend article 50.

By the end of this week a group of about 650 people mainly remain supporters of the political class will have decided that the vote of 2016 is with effect over an done with. A modern coup by parliament. What will the people do? NOTHING!

I think you might see a French style response Dave if they try that tact on us.
    They really are unbelievable in there absolute ignorance to the initial vote and result.
    Lost all faith in the lot of them

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I think you might see a French style response Dave if they try that tact on us.
    They really are unbelievable in there absolute ignorance to the initial vote and result.
    Lost all faith in the lot of them
    Maybe Civil unrest on the streets if the government don't do what the public voted for.. It could well happen..

17.4 million people with no one to vote for, ignored, betrayed and treated with contempt. This is what will happen, it's inevitable, who else can they vote for ?

https://thebrexitparty.org/

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    17.4 million people with no one to vote for, ignored, betrayed and treated with contempt. This is what will happen, it's inevitable, who else can they vote for ?

https://thebrexitparty.org/
    Yep Sinkov, its a very dangerous situation for our whole political system. When you can vote and after more than 2 years you are as far away from leaving as when you started; which is the case now May's deal is dead then you start to question the validity of whole political process. I think they really do believe they think they can tough it out and let Brexit die in the rear view mirror. I am starting to believe we need a whole new type of politics in this country more focused on the citizen and Not a concentration of power in the hand of a few for several years. I think this has lead to arrogance and a serious disconnect between those exercising power or seek too and the populace. I don't have the answers but I can't keeping voting for this system of appointing MP's. How can you trust anything your told is a policy commitment by any party in the future??

I’ve often wandered Dave what would happen if the public just completely boycotted the election process and voted with their feet. ( staying away ).
    Politics is finished here it’s corrupt from top to bottom , it’s all just very comfortable for our political system.
    We are a laughing stock

When we voted to LEAVE all the Government had to do was realise the enormity of the Irish problem (we did on here!) grow a pair and get it sorted.

Just how can Theresa May possibly carry on as Prime Minister? No back bench support, no Cabinet Ministerial support, no popular support and lost more games on the bounce than Blackburn Rovers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    When we voted to LEAVE all the Government had to do was realise the enormity of the Irish problem (we did on here!) grow a pair and get it sorted.

Just how can Theresa May possibly carry on as Prime Minister? No back bench support, no Cabinet Ministerial support, no popular support and lost more games on the bounce than Blackburn Rovers.
    It is indeed a mystery BT, why does she even want to carry on ? There is something quite peculiar about her, in a sort of benign way she's no more a fully paid up member of the human race than some of the world's worst dictators, she appears totally oblivious to reality and the carnage surrounding her.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)