+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Day in Parliament

What will the House of Fools do next? Government of the people, by the people, for the people? We had a vote to say leave the EU. Why has it not been respected?

According to the definition in vogue today, democracy is defined as the government of the people, by the people and for the people. Adult suffrage plays an important role in democracy. In the name of forming a democratic government, different political and communal parties throw their hats into the election ring. Every party issues its own election manifesto to influence the people in order to carry the laurels in the ensuing election battle. Besides, different parties entice the voters through election propaganda. Where educated people are in the majority and political consciousness is adequate, it is not very difficult for people to weigh the pros and cons of the manifesto of a particular party and to ascertain what is in the best interests of the people. But where there is a dearth of education and political consciousness, and where people fail to understand the reality of the manifesto and are misled by wrong propaganda, they cast their ballots in favour of parties whose ideals go contrary to the social interest. Consequently, parties that go against the interests of the people are installed in power.

Democracy cannot succeed in countries where people are illiterate, immoral, or backward.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

Such is the magnitude of the issue, I think it should have been decided by a cross party group, akin to the wartime coalition. Certainly not by a single persons ideas.
    This is the most intriguing aspect of this whole pantomime for me 59, this Withdrawal Agreement is called May's deal, you say it is a single persons ideas, but it doesn't make sense. For a start the document consists of 585 pages, does any one seriously believe May was the author of that lot ? Of course not, I doubt she's even read 10% of it, and from some of her statements about it I think 10% is on the high side.

So if May didn't write it, who did ? All I can discern is that a Remain Civil Servant on our side, Olly Robbins and Barnier's No 2 Sabine Weyand were charged with producing it, but it's in such detail that even those two couldn't on their own could have come up with such a lengthy and detailed document. It's obvious that a whole team of civil servants, bureaucrats and technocrats must have worked hard to put this together, but who they were no one is saying, and no one seems to know.

You can have a good guess though, this WA was signed up to without hesitation by all the other 27 EU countries, in London no one, not Labour, nor Tories, nor LibDems, nor Remainers or Brexiteers will touch it with a barge pole, they can all see it for what it is. So you might call it May's Deal 59, Mrs May might call it her deal, but you know the saying, if it waddles like a duck, quacks like a duck etc. etc. and what we have here is a Withdrawl Agreement clearly written by the EU, for the EU, purporting to be something our own PM has produced. It's nothing of the sort, she might have signed up to it, but that's about the extent of her involvement with it.

May's Deal my arse, we're being sold a pup........yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    True Buda...and the scam is....that the System knows well that those we put there to work for us - when they encounter the reality as they stare into the abyss and see no end....for the most, dont have the strength to fight free and "battle to it's end"....so time and again it repeats, then just ends up drifting and shackled in the distant and worthless shlit trail of this crimminal mafia monster called Government.
    Well, now is out in the open for "all" to see...so essential to take the inititiative - finally put an end to this marauding mind manipulating movement of mania mockery and madness....otherwise.....we, may as well hand them the master key and sign our selves into perpetual slavery.

A cultural marxist criminal conspiracy that forces people to pay in order to receive propaganda 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by the BBC and their associates.Putin could learn a trick or two from our politicians.

The EU will be quaking in their boots now, Oliver Letwin has taken control of the process.

Oliver Letwin

Another arse who changes his opinions when it suits him.

Nigel Farage reminds us of Letwins 2 faced comments in this 90 second video.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/video...nts/vi-BBVdrmP

It really is time to end this s-h-i-t show. Where the fhook we go from here is anyone's guess.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It really is time to end this s-h-i-t show. Where the fhook we go from here is anyone's guess.
    once again....we've been played BT - bewildered and distracted from the True Objective behind this Act....one which is played in the shadows, structured by a powerful newtork who direct it with Complete control over political narratives and government agendas...all with the willing participation of these groomed puppets we falsley think - do work on Our behalf.

I was listening to the radio today as I carried a large potted plant across the garden, the words on the breaking news was "In the Commons Today MP's have taken control of Brexit", I laughed to myself, missed my footing, let go of the pot and fell on my knee's on the path, it bloody hurt but I didn't care as I was laughing so much.

How many things did the MP's vote on this evening ? Well plenty and they said NO to all of them, they could not control a walking stick never mind Brexit

Still, Oliver Letwin is doing his "If you don't get what you want in a vote" then we will vote again on Monday.

The writing is on the wall for most of us (has been since it started), in that a deal cannot be agreed with Mrs May's half in half out shambles, there is nothing else to do but leave with NO deal, May stepping down, Election looming, Another "Peoples" vote etc etc solves absolutely nothing, only dragging this on leaves us in limbo for years to come with the eventual remainers getting what they want, all the while the public with business' to run and their wishes being trashed.

LEAVE WITH NO DEAL YOU INEPT USELESS SELF SERVING WORTHLESS CNUTS

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I was listening to the radio today as I carried a large potted plant across the garden, the words on the breaking news was "In the Commons Today MP's have taken control of Brexit", I laughed to myself, missed my footing, let go of the pot and fell on my knee's on the path, it bloody hurt but I didn't care as I was laughing so much.

How many things did the MP's vote on this evening ? Well plenty and they said NO to all of them, they could not control a walking stick never mind Brexit

Still, Oliver Letwin is doing his "If you don't get what you want in a vote" then we will vote again on Monday.

The writing is on the wall for most of us (has been since it started), in that a deal cannot be agreed with Mrs May's half in half out shambles, there is nothing else to do but leave with NO deal, May stepping down, Election looming, Another "Peoples" vote etc etc solves absolutely nothing, only dragging this on leaves us in limbo for years to come with the eventual remainers getting what they want, all the while the public with business' to run and their wishes being trashed.

LEAVE WITH NO DEAL YOU INEPT USELESS SELF SERVING WORTHLESS CNUTS
    Spot on Alto. The breakdown in trust between the electorate and those elected which began with the expenses scandal has now accelerated into free fall with the way Parliament has fudged Brexit. They probably don’t even realise it.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Spot on Alto. The breakdown in trust between the electorate and those elected which began with the expenses scandal has now accelerated into free fall with the way Parliament has fudged Brexit. They probably don’t even realise it.
    I had a family dinner in a very decent pub here in Bolton last night and as usual could not help myself engaging with the punters. The Chairman of Bolton Wanderers and Theresa May are held in just about the same esteem. The anger was tangible and we are all of the same opinion as Alto and Outwood - just sort it or do one!

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)