+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Day in Parliament

It looks like we are leaving the EU next Friday with no deal.

Unless Theresa finally gets her deal through next week - which seems unlikely.

Not quite time to pop the bubbly for many on here, but you can shove a bottle in the fridge so it's ready.

I'll give it a couple of years before the public are clambering to get back in again.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    It looks like we are leaving the EU next Friday with no deal.

Unless Theresa finally gets her deal through next week - which seems unlikely.

Not quite time to pop the bubbly for many on here, but you can shove a bottle in the fridge so it's ready.

I'll give it a couple of years before the public are clambering to get back in again.
    I really wouldn't be sure which way this going to go yet 59, I have more chance of predicting the Grand National winner than predicting the outcome of this pantomime. I think leaving without signing up to the WA (I still can't call it a deal, simply because it isn't one) is our best way forward, but it's not the outcome I wanted, nor any sensible person either, but what a shocking indictment of the political elites, both of the UK and the EU, that it has descended into such a farcical situation. They've had three years to implement the democraticly expressed wishes of the British people and have failed catastrophically. Hopefully the electorate will now take their revenge on these duplicitous wretches at the next election, and both Tory and Labour Parties will cease to exist in their current form.

If you are right, and in the future the public are clamouring to get back in, then no worries, especially for you LibDems, campaign at the next election on a platform of re-applying for membership and prepare for government. You will have been proved right and it should be a landslide. I won't be complaining, if the majority want to get back in, so be it, it's called democracy, the will of the people, but ironically it's not something you Libdems have been very keen on this last three years.

Grand National? That's easy Sinkov - Lake View Lad.

The trouble was always going to be the number of possible Brexits.

Off the top of my head...

No Deal
    Mays Mansion House thing
    Chequers
    Mays current deal
    Jeremy Corbyns deal
    Norway
    Canada plus

Because there are so many options everyone can support their own chosen Brexit - but quite obviously there is not a majority for any of them.

Brexiteers get hot under the collar when they hear "No one knew what Brexit was going to look like" - they respond "I know exactly what I was voting for" but it is very likely to be a different version to the bloke next door who also "knew exactly what I am voting for"

On the other hand, there is only one version of remain.

If we leave with no deal then I genuinely hope that it works out for us - but it won't.

It's totally out of our hands now and we will have to make the best of it.

Corbyn walked out of a meeting of party leaders with Theresa tonight because Chuka Umunna was present.

Earlier in the day he had requested a meeting.

This is just about the most shameful thing that has happened during this sorry story in my opinion.

Nine days to go, country in crisis and he does one.

The bloke is a total disgrace.

Corbyn walked out of a meeting of party leaders with Theresa tonight because Chuka Umunna was present.

This is just about the most shameful thing that has happened during this sorry story in my opinion.

I'm afraid I have to agree with you 59/60 .

As Guido points out, he says it's a national crisis, but won't talk to Chuka about it. On the other hand he's always quite happy to talk to his chums in Hezbollah and Hamas.

Grand National? That's easy Sinkov - Lake View Lad.

The trouble was always going to be the number of possible Brexits.

Off the top of my head...

No Deal
    Mays Mansion House thing
    Chequers
    Mays current deal
    Jeremy Corbyns deal
    Norway
    Canada plus

Because there are so many options everyone can support their own chosen Brexit - but quite obviously there is not a majority for any of them.

Brexiteers get hot under the collar when they hear "No one knew what Brexit was going to look like" - they respond "I know exactly what I was voting for" but it is very likely to be a different version to the bloke next door who also "knew exactly what I am voting for"

On the other hand, there is only one version of remain.

If we leave with no deal then I genuinely hope that it works out for us - but it won't.

It's totally out of our hands now and we will have to make the best of it.
    I still find one thing inexplicable 59, and it's absolutely crucial to where we are now. May set up the DEEU under David Davis to negotiate our way out. Then sidelined his dept. 18 months into the negotiations and instructed a civil servant to negotiate an agreement with the EU without any input, or even the knowledge of, any Cabinet Ministers, except possibly Hammond. The WA she came up with was signed up to in Brussels within minutes, they loved it, in the UK it has no support from any political party, remainers or leavers.

So why did she do it, why did it happen ? I don't know, I don't think anyone does, do you ? And strangely, despite this being the reason we are in this mess, no one seems to be asking why or how we got here, with this dreadful document being pulled like a rabbit from a hat at Chequers.

Watching BBC News and I had to smile, Macron and his Foreign Minister are saying the EU should not give us an extension. Then over to Dublin where Mr Varadkar says the EU should cut Britain some slack over the extension request. How magnanimous of him, after playing hardball over the Backstop issue, I wonder why he's suddenly become our friend ? Nothing to do with the fact that no deal is now looking likely, and no deal will cause the utmost devastation to the Irish economy, it will be hit far worse than ours. Of course it couldn't possibly be that could it.

"As time went on and no-deal Brexit became more and more of a possibility and we learnt more and more about the real life implications, we began to look at more things we might need to do to protect our family. This included getting a filter to make the water from our garden water butt drinkable"

Dear God, Project Fear in over-drive, those Guardian leader-writers have a lot to answer for.

But what steps have you been taking to survive a No Deal Brexit, you have been warned !!

No winners with a hard Brexit Sinkov, well, not amongst the 28 anyway.

To be honest, if I was a European leader and seen how we are faffing about, I wouldn't allow us to extend article 50.

Utterly clueless government and an equally bad official opposition. Both main parties have about four differing ideas each on Brexit. They will never agree a party policy that gets a majority, much less a majority in Parliament.

The peoples vote was the only way forward but it's looking too late for that.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)