+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Day in Parliament

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "As time went on and no-deal Brexit became more and more of a possibility and we learnt more and more about the real life implications, we began to look at more things we might need to do to protect our family. This included getting a filter to make the water from our garden water butt drinkable"

Dear God, Project Fear in over-drive, those Guardian leader-writers have a lot to answer for.

But what steps have you been taking to survive a No Deal Brexit, you have been warned !!
    Who, me sinkov?

I'm desperately trying to get Irish citizenship and a water purifying system.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Who, me sinkov?

I'm desperately trying to get Irish citizenship and a water purifying system.
    No, I didn't mean you 59, you've far more sense than to take any notice of such drivel. In the unlikely event we do leave without a deal, I forecast that the day after the sun will still rise in the east, there will not be lorries queuing all the way from Dover to London, the planes will still be flying, the supermarkets still stocked with food, everyone will be able to collect their prescriptions, and a plague of Locusts will not descend on our green and pleasant land. And the reason is, that it will be down to ordinary people, workers and businessmen alike, who will just carry on doing just what they always do, keeping the country running. And with the politicians, bureaucrats and technocrats of the EU off their backs, it will run a lot better.

Watching BBC News and I had to smile, Macron and his Foreign Minister are saying the EU should not give us an extension.

his/their diversionary tactics.....just as the Bullshlit corp/media etc with their perverse distortion of the information and sickening agenda of censorship !

...no - because the game goes on - even with the E.U/Empire/Cult nearing it's inevitable collapse....they still have to play the subservient - because we can't be seen to reveal --- it's fake superiority and dark conjuring collusion.

Last edited by Norder; 21-03-2019 at 12:34 AM.

No, I didn't mean you 59, you've far more sense than to take any notice of such drivel. In the unlikely event we do leave without a deal, I forecast that the day after the sun will still rise in the east, there will not be lorries queuing all the way from Dover to London, the planes will still be flying, the supermarkets still stocked with food, everyone will be able to collect their prescriptions, and a plague of Locusts will not descend on our green and pleasant land. And the reason is, that it will be down to ordinary people, workers and businessmen alike, who will just carry on doing just what they always do, keeping the country running. And with the politicians, bureaucrats and technocrats of the EU off their backs, it will run a lot better.
    Aye, but all those things happened after the 2008 financial crash too - but why would we choose to make trading much more difficult for our countries wealth creators?
    The present situation is brilliant for them.

Regarding your views on "taking back control" and getting the EU off our back. Do you really think our politicians are capable of making a good fist of going it alone? The last few years should give you an indication.

I still find one thing inexplicable 59, and it's absolutely crucial to where we are now. May set up the DEEU under David Davis to negotiate our way out. Then sidelined his dept. 18 months into the negotiations and instructed a civil servant to negotiate an agreement with the EU without any input, or even the knowledge of, any Cabinet Ministers, except possibly Hammond. The WA she came up with was signed up to in Brussels within minutes, they loved it, in the UK it has no support from any political party, remainers or leavers.

So why did she do it, why did it happen ? I don't know, I don't think anyone does, do you ? And strangely, despite this being the reason we are in this mess, no one seems to be asking why or how we got here, with this dreadful document being pulled like a rabbit from a hat at Chequers.
    Because it is not Theresa Mays idea.She was told what to sign up to by the hidden hand.

“Every age that has historical status is a
    governed by aristocracies.
    Aristocracy with the meaning - the best are ruling.
    Peoples do never govern themselves. That lunacy was concocted by liberalism. Behind its "people's sovereignty" the slyest cheaters are hiding, who don't want to be recognised.”

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Aye, but all those things happened after the 2008 financial crash too - but why would we choose to make trading much more difficult for our countries wealth creators?
    The present situation is brilliant for them.

Regarding your views on "taking back control" and getting the EU off our back. Do you really think our politicians are capable of making a good fist of going it alone? The last few years should give you an indication.
    On your first point 59, most of our trade, and most of the world's trade is carried on outside of the EU's single market and customs union, and the UK and the rest of the world manage to trade quite succesfully and profitably outside of it as well. Any short term difficulties can be resolved quite quickly, as long as the respective politicians stop playing silly buggers and get on with doing what we pay them to do, carry out our wishes and ensure trade between our two blocs carries on as efficiently as possible when we have left the EU's customs union and single market. Is that really too much to ask, or expect ?

Your second point is a good one, I've long been of the opinion that most of our politicians are in favour of remaining in the EU as an excuse for a quieter life in Westminster. Don't blame me, EU law that, can't do anything about that, EU decision, nothing to do with us, EU decides on those matters. Our MPs might have to start earning their money and running the country again, whether they're actually up to it is a moot point. But at least if we don't like the way they run the country we can replace them and give someone else a go, can't do that with our EU masters, we just have to suck up what they decide for us. I don't want to live like that, a bit of potential short term disruption is well worth it to get these unelected EU monkeys off our backs. Well worth it.
    Last edited by sinkov; 21-03-2019 at 02:18 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiUFPjulTW8

!7 Million F Offs. I take it you're not one of the 17 million 59 ?

and this is what the 17.2 million who voted Leave - were expected to swallow !

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...al-declaration

this should be concerning for all...as is plainly obvious - that the people have been Deceived....by these Treasonous Falsifying Rogues of Distortion Lies and Spin !

and thats why....the empire should and will - Fail !

At a CLP meeting in Bolton last night Sir David Crausby MP for Bolton North East when asked why Parliament would not implement a democratically voted Brexit he replied, "What is democracy?" Just to remind ALL of our elected Members of Parliament: Democracy means government by the people; we live in the United Kingdom where the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system. Not by one woman who seems hellbent on destroying our nation by not respecting the will of the people, nor by elected MP's who ignore the wishes of those who elected them.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)