+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Breaking News "Deal Collapses"

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Anyway, what happened to it being sold for 'diddly squat?' I mean he used the word 'sold'. How can a deal collapse if it has already gone through - unless, and this is just a wild idea of course, Hardy is full of ****.
    If you were buying a company for what you felt was a fair price, and then the previous owner came out in the press and described your offer as "diddly squat", I wonder if that might make you think twice about making that deal.

Just a thought. Either way it seems Hardy was again guilty of counting his chickens... (not his c0ck this time).

Quote Originally Posted by DomdomPie View Post
    If you were buying a company for what you felt was a fair price, and then the previous owner came out in the press and described your offer as "diddly squat", I wonder if that might make you think twice about making that deal.

Just a thought. Either way it seems Hardy was again guilty of counting his chickens... (not his c0ck this time).
    Yup. And likewise, if you were interested in buying a business (Notts) and the current owner gushed to the press the particulars of your bank balance, you might be a little miffed as well. He just can't keep his mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by DomdomPie View Post

Thought the same after the quote was removed as quick as it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I spoke a few days ago with a (now a redundant) Paragon worker who had declined an offer to work in one of AH's other enterprises, and that speaks volumes.
    It wasn't MiG, was it?

Yup. And likewise, if you were interested in buying a business (Notts) and the current owner gushed to the press the particulars of your bank balance, you might be a little miffed as well. He just can't keep his mouth shut.
    I don't think AH's statement of a buyer's worth of £900m is really giving any particulars, especially as we don't know who the identity of the prosective buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I don't think AH's statement of a buyer's worth of £900m is really giving any particulars, especially as we don't know who the identity of the prosective buyer.
    It's giving particulars away once we do know the buyer and maybe they would rather not have that known. Maybe they would rather deal with someone who could keep their mouth shut and therefore cool off because they can't trust the seller.

Whatever it was unwise, but then we know that about AH don't we.

It wasn't MiG, was it?
    I don't know, I didn't ask the person whose real name is something else and whom I have known for a while, just not that they've worked for Paragon for the past year. They didn't have a rant when the conversation came up so I guess not.

Good to see you are catching on. I very much doubt if there are are any buyers at this moment in time.

It wasn't MiG, was it?
    How witty you are Laxton, you keep believing in the man. I couldn't work for that clown if he offered me Mourinho's package at Man Utd.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    It's giving particulars away once we do know the buyer and maybe they would rather not have that known. Maybe they would rather deal with someone who could keep their mouth shut and therefore cool off because they can't trust the seller.

Whatever it was unwise, but then we know that about AH don't we.

Personally if I had 90 million I the bank it wouldn’t bother me who knew

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast