+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breaking News "Deal Collapses"

Breaking News "Deal Collapses"

The proposed sale of Paragon, will it still not impact on Notts County

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    The proposed sale of Paragon, will it still not impact on Notts County
    Sauce?

EDIT: Just seen it... https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/...s-firm-2636732

On Nottingham Post site

Have to wonder if he can successfully negotiate the sale of the club. Feel, as I'm sure we all do, for the Paragon staff. Being made redundant is truly dreadful. I've been there. Mind you who would want to work for Hardy anyway? I also feel really worried about the sale of Notts with him involved. Worrying times indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon the Pieman View Post
    Have to wonder if he can successfully negotiate the sale of the club. Feel, as I'm sure we all do, for the Paragon staff. Being made redundant is truly dreadful. I've been there. Mind you who would want to work for Hardy anyway? I also feel really worried about the sale of Notts with him involved. Worrying times indeed.
    I'm not sure the sale of Paragon is in his hands it will be the administrators.

The club is a different matter though not sure what is going on.

I'd be worried if Hardy was boss of me at any of his companies you could be out of work very quick.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    I'm not sure the sale of Paragon is in his hands it will be the administrators.

The club is a different matter though not sure what is going on.

I'd be worried if Hardy was boss of me at any of his companies you could be out of work very quick.

update :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-47547106

The plot thickens.

Anyway, what happened to it being sold for 'diddly squat?' I mean he used the word 'sold'. How can a deal collapse if it has already gone through - unless, and this is just a wild idea of course, Hardy is full of ****.

All that talk about potential buyers and £900 million will probably look just as ridiculous soon.

What a nightmare for the Paragon staff.

Quote Originally Posted by DAZH View Post
    Translates as, 'Not my fault'.

Staff at Notts County owner Alan Hardy's firm have been made redundant after a deal to save it collapsed.

Paragon Interiors, which employs about 90 people, went into administration in February.

Mr Hardy said in a statement administrators took the "extremely difficult decision to make the incredible workforce redundant".

He said the financial problems of the company, which had been in business for 33 years, would not affect the club.

Mr Hardy said: "Unfortunately it has been forced on them [the administrators] due to the collapse of the recent deal to sell Paragon, a deal I fully expected to be successful, securing jobs at Paragon and across our sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon the Pieman View Post
    Feel, as I'm sure we all do, for the Paragon staff. Being made redundant is truly dreadful. I've been there. Mind you who would want to work for Hardy anyway?
    I spoke a few days ago with a (now a redundant) Paragon worker who had declined an offer to work in one of AH's other enterprises, and that speaks volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Translates as, 'Not my fault'.

Staff at Notts County owner Alan Hardy's firm have been made redundant after a deal to save it collapsed.

Paragon Interiors, which employs about 90 people, went into administration in February.

Mr Hardy said in a statement administrators took the "extremely difficult decision to make the incredible workforce redundant".

He said the financial problems of the company, which had been in business for 33 years, would not affect the club.

Mr Hardy said: "Unfortunately it has been forced on them [the administrators] due to the collapse of the recent deal to sell Paragon, a deal I fully expected to be successful, securing jobs at Paragon and across our sites.
    You would have thought that he'd have learnt from previous situations, that it's better to say nothing until whatever deal, is signed sealed and delivered.

I want to hear nothing from him, about the takeover, until it's the new owners announcing themselves.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast