+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: May loses again by 149

Quote Originally Posted by Lindenbaggie View Post
    Caroline Spelman and Jack Dromey are allegedly going to push against no deal. Jack Dromey of course is an ex-union man who would never have taken the threat of his members being able to withdraw their labour off the table in any negotiation. Just saying.
    Dromey is one of the nastiest little turds on the planet.

Trotsky nomark!

Any notion of any blame here to the people who fed you and continue to feed you lies?

I'm talking Davies, Fox, Gove, Rees-Mogg and most of all that odious lying runt that is Farage.

Have they got a coherent, joined up plan? If so, I haven't heard it.

Anyone who says 'Leave with no deal' does not understand international trade. Nor is this democracy, all 17m people did not vote to leave without a deal.

Uncertainty is killing business all over the country, if you're only 20% down you're doing well.

Also, Parliament is sovereign. This is what our constitution is built upon. Whatever Parliament decide IS democracy. Not an advisory referendum which provides no mandate for any designated Leave vote.

We need another referendum. There are too many interpretations of a leave vote.

Parliament will remain deadlocked because they have no mandate to implement anything. Especially something which will make us worse off. And for that, you should blame Brexiteers.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    I put a x in the leave box, nothing on there about a deal.

Attachment 12175
    Is there anything in there about leaving without a deal? That's not leave voters fault, but the way the Referendum was worded.

We were promised by some Brexiteers before the referendum that our place in Single Market wouldn't be affected. That 'they need us more than we need them'. We were lied to on mass scale before the vote. So we should have one again now we are more informed about the consequences of the vote.

Rees-Mogg has even said in the past, when he was campaigning for a referendum, that there should be two referendums. One to see if we wanted to leave and another to see if we liked the terms of leave or not.

Leaving without a deal would be a catastrophe on epic proportions that the majority of people cannot imagine.

The ballot paper clearly states LEAVE or REMAIN. I along with millions chose LEAVE. This isn't about semantics. Why would a government allow a referendum that 'would be a catastrophe on epic proportions" if it lost?

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    The ballot paper clearly states LEAVE or REMAIN. I along with millions chose LEAVE. This isn't about semantics. Why would a government allow a referendum that 'would be a catastrophe on epic proportions" if it lost?
    Because that government didn't expect to lose. That's why it did no planning for what would happen in the event of a leave vote.

There are several variations of what a Leave vote means, which is why we are in political deadlock because there is no mandate for one version of it.

There is no mandate for a No Deal Brexit.

The vote said “Remain” or “Leave”.

We’re leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    The vote said “Remain” or “Leave”.

We’re leaving.
    If only it were that simple...

Problem is that you are so hung up on 'leaving' you don't even care about the terms of how we leave.

As I say, there is no mandate for a no deal Brexit. I expect Art 50 will be extended.

Fingers crossed it will be revoked all together.

There must be some Leavers reading this who hold leading Brexiteers to account?? Anyone?

I fear that if the referendum result got overturned then the anarchy on the streets would make Macron's yellow vest protests look like a childrens tea party! Lets hope that this is avoided and common sense prevails and the Parliamentarians do not betray the people.

Emily Thornbury was interviewed on 5 Live this morning and stated that the country was split on Brexit 50-50. God help us when we 've got politicians with the brain of gnat. No, you silly woman, it was 52% to 48% in favour of leaving. Can't your 'pea size' brain understand that! It's like saying that the pass mark for an exam is 52% and you got 48% so you've passed. I give up!

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    I fear that if the referendum result got overturned then the anarchy on the streets would make Macron's yellow vest protests look like a childrens tea party! Lets hope that this is avoided and common sense prevails and the Parliamentarians do not betray the people.
    I fear that you could well be correct but again these politicians with 'pint sized' brains haven't got the foresight to understand this, or choose not to.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)