+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long has he got ?

With the crazy two hat of an owner we have anything could happen

In my opinion we need to stabilise the club and stop firing managers. Frank has made mistakes, but the guy has something about him and I think we should stick with him and give him time to settle into management, but whether Candy Crush sees it that way is anyone's guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    In my opinion we need to stabilise the club and stop firing managers. Frank has made mistakes, but the guy has something about him and I think we should stick with him and give him time to settle into management, but whether Candy Crush sees it that way is anyone's guess?
    This football management malarkey is not as easy as it seems Oldtimer, they need time to build a team, but the pressure to get results is phenomenal. Only clubs like Burnley with a proper Chairman know how it's done. (Cue Alto!)

Well they managed it, 8 pnts from their 4 home games was always going to be the minimum requirement and pasting Rotherham got them there, just. That must have relieved the pressure on Frank a bit and they've scraped back into the top 6. 3 of the next 4 are away from home though, 5 of the last 8 are away from home, Frankie boy's not out of the woods yet.

Good luck to Derby, at least their fans have some proper football to watch and something to look forward to, whereas we're now condemned to grubbing around for survival in the big boys league. Not as much fun is it ?

It's loads of fun sinkov. We are off to Bournemouth 6am sharp on Saturday.

Have a good day BT, last time I set off for Bournemouth at 6am, it was for a Cup game sometime in the 60s. No way on earth would I do it nowadays, not even if we were back playing proper football in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Have a good day BT, last time I set off for Bournemouth at 6am, it was for a Cup game sometime in the 60s. No way on earth would I do it nowadays, not even if we were back playing proper football in the Championship.
    Last time I went to Bournemouth sinkov was twenty years ago. We lost 5-0. Someone told me Alistair Campbell was on the same train. I never saw him but they should have searched the Bournemouth dressing room at half time for the weapons of mass destruction.

Have a good trip BT - and make sure you bring three points back (I'm not talking about a speeding violation). It's a long way back after a defeat - but a hoot if we win.

At the moment I feel 60% safe.

Win on Saturday and I'll feel 90% safe.

Big game.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Well they managed it, 8 pnts from their 4 home games was always going to be the minimum requirement and pasting Rotherham got them there, just. That must have relieved the pressure on Frank a bit and they've scraped back into the top 6. 3 of the next 4 are away from home though, 5 of the last 8 are away from home, Frankie boy's not out of the woods yet.

Good luck to Derby, at least their fans have some proper football to watch and something to look forward to, whereas we're now condemned to grubbing around for survival in the big boys league. Not as much fun is it ?
    Credit to Frank, they were in trouble, but he's almost got them over the line. Unless Boro run up a cricket score at Rotherham, just one win, either at Swansea or at home to WBA, will see them in the play-offs. Be fascinating to see when they bottle it this year, in their last two league games, or in the play-offs themselves. Or with Frank in charge, are their days as serial bottlers over, are they going up even ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)