Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
It wasn't the same at all, surely you can see that? He wasn't hiding in the goal, he was just running back normally and spotted his chance.
Hang on, I could have sworn that you said something in your first post in this thread about "leaving the field of play then sneaking back on it without permission" - something the Wigan player did far more comprehensively and blatantly than the Carlisle player did.

And how do you "hide in the goal", exactly? Did he curl up on the floor and piss in the air and pretend to be a sprinkler, or was he cunningly disguised as a goalnet? I've watched the video again and I'm pretty sure I spotted him moving along the goal-line, just as any Notts outfield player should have done or as Schofield would have done had he had the presence of mind to glance over his shoulder as all goalkeepers are taught to do nowadays.

This is all water under the bridge now, and thank God it didn't cost us any points. But I am genuinely astonished that some people are still trying to sustain the argument that it was unsporting behaviour. The player simply used a bit of guile to quite legitimately "steal" the ball, and not a single Notts player or official had any complaints about it either at the time or afterwards.