+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor Old Schofield

Poor Old Schofield

His error is all over the national press. What about Adam Collin leaving an open goal? Just as comical, just as stupid

It is an error but the result means it doesn't matter one bit and he won't make that error ever again.

As for Collin in his defence he was probably told to go up and add an extra body to make it 2-2 end of the day might as well risk it as they would have lost 2-1 anyway !!

Collin was flapping all over the place in the first half and was clearly responsible for their third. Schofield was the better keeper on the night, despite his error.

It's just that his error looked worse. I mean there's no real difference between what he did and what Liddle did - both mistakes resulted in a goal.

Can someone post a vid of the incident(s)?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Can someone post a vid of the incident(s)?
    This is the Schofield one.

https://twitter.com/FourFourTwo/stat...56634876272640

The Liddle back pass is @ 38 secs.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Collin was flapping all over the place in the first half and was clearly responsible for their third. Schofield was the better keeper on the night, despite his error.

It's just that his error looked worse. I mean there's no real difference between what he did and what Liddle did - both mistakes resulted in a goal.
    Collin was only responsible if he took it upon himself to go up, which isn't normally the case!
    It's an error Schofield wont make again and thank god it didn't cost us.
    I would say though, there's 10 Notts players all facing that way. Someone give him a pantomime shout!

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Collin was only responsible if he took it upon himself to go up, which isn't normally the case!
    It's an error Schofield wont make again and thank god it didn't cost us.
    I would say though, there's 10 Notts players all facing that way. Someone give him a pantomime shout!
    I'm not even sure their goal should have stood. He left the field of play then sneaked back on it without permission.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    I'm not even sure their goal should have stood. He left the field of play then sneaked back on it without permission.
    Have to admit I thought the same

I can't see anywhere in those videos where he "left the field of play" . . . in any case, taking a few steps over the line hardly constitutes leaving the field of play, otherwise how would you retrieve the ball for a throw-in, goal-kick, corner etc. You need the ref's permission to officially leave the field of play.
    As for the incident, Schofield must take some blame as all goalkeepers are taught to glance over their shoulder before releasing the ball. However, it absolutely beggars belief that not one of our players - most if not all of whom must have been facing Schofield as he released the ball - either shouted to him or pointed at the lurking player. I would love to hear an explanation of that.
    Fortunately this one had a happy ending, but it's just the kind of sloppy, silly goal that has haunted us all season and cost us so dearly.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast