+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor Old Schofield

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Poor Old Schofield

His error is all over the national press. What about Adam Collin leaving an open goal? Just as comical, just as stupid

It is an error but the result means it doesn't matter one bit and he won't make that error ever again.

As for Collin in his defence he was probably told to go up and add an extra body to make it 2-2 end of the day might as well risk it as they would have lost 2-1 anyway !!

Anyone remember Jimmy Glass? Collin was probably just following an old Carlisle tradition. Thankfully it didn't work for him!

More unsporting behaviour - tut tut what is the world coming to?

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...keeper-blunder

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    More unsporting behaviour - tut tut what is the world coming to?

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...keeper-blunder
    It wasn't the same at all, surely you can see that? He wasn't hiding in the goal, he was just running back normally and spotted his chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    It wasn't the same at all, surely you can see that? He wasn't hiding in the goal, he was just running back normally and spotted his chance.
    Hang on, I could have sworn that you said something in your first post in this thread about "leaving the field of play then sneaking back on it without permission" - something the Wigan player did far more comprehensively and blatantly than the Carlisle player did.

And how do you "hide in the goal", exactly? Did he curl up on the floor and piss in the air and pretend to be a sprinkler, or was he cunningly disguised as a goalnet? I've watched the video again and I'm pretty sure I spotted him moving along the goal-line, just as any Notts outfield player should have done or as Schofield would have done had he had the presence of mind to glance over his shoulder as all goalkeepers are taught to do nowadays.

This is all water under the bridge now, and thank God it didn't cost us any points. But I am genuinely astonished that some people are still trying to sustain the argument that it was unsporting behaviour. The player simply used a bit of guile to quite legitimately "steal" the ball, and not a single Notts player or official had any complaints about it either at the time or afterwards.

Collin was flapping all over the place in the first half and was clearly responsible for their third. Schofield was the better keeper on the night, despite his error.

It's just that his error looked worse. I mean there's no real difference between what he did and what Liddle did - both mistakes resulted in a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Collin was flapping all over the place in the first half and was clearly responsible for their third. Schofield was the better keeper on the night, despite his error.

It's just that his error looked worse. I mean there's no real difference between what he did and what Liddle did - both mistakes resulted in a goal.
    Collin was only responsible if he took it upon himself to go up, which isn't normally the case!
    It's an error Schofield wont make again and thank god it didn't cost us.
    I would say though, there's 10 Notts players all facing that way. Someone give him a pantomime shout!

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Collin was only responsible if he took it upon himself to go up, which isn't normally the case!
    It's an error Schofield wont make again and thank god it didn't cost us.
    I would say though, there's 10 Notts players all facing that way. Someone give him a pantomime shout!
    I'm not even sure their goal should have stood. He left the field of play then sneaked back on it without permission.

Can someone post a vid of the incident(s)?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast