+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MillersMad Matchthread - QPR v The Millers.

MillersMad Matchthread - QPR v The Millers.

After a disapointing result and the sending off of Vaulks at Sheffield United it is time for the stand in to shine. Tonight may be the night that everything clicks and we get that first win away from home for 79 years int Championship!

But it's true there's a great opertunity for someone to step up to the plate and scement a placee in the team until the end of the season. Until the team sheet is out we'll not know if Robertson is fit enough for real or who will cover for him. My money would be on Ajayi going back into defence but it may be the return of Wood who is the club captain and the ideal replacement to wear the arm band.

The midfield is the key tonight. Wouldn't it be good if Wiles was to run arund with the ball at his feet like Raggy used to, playing little one twos with Crooks and Towell? Anything to stop us lumping it up to Smith who although has been great at keeping the ball it has taken its toll. He's knackered physically and that's without him having a broken toe. I think Yates has proven that he can put himself about and I'd like to see the three midfielders I mention operate behind him and Smith with us using wing backs and a back 3.

My word I'm looking forrud to seeing the team sheet so I know how much t drink to help me through this must win game.
    With all the results going our way last night it is a must win game! To win tonight would be a marker, a statement to other teams in and around the relegation battle saying that we're here to stay up and thanks for screwing up last night!

We can win any match with the right attitude! Let's hope that the team and the management are switched on and take advantage!

Today Tony Stewart received his OBE.I am sure that under normal circumstances he'd be over the moon to collect his award but it can't be easy for him to go down to Buckingham Palace without his wife Joan. I can't imagine what the guy is feeling but I'm sure Joan will be looking over him and and is very proud of him as we are for what he's done for the club, the town an for the people he employs.

Let's do it for them! Come on lads!

Can't join you tonight Frog, for reasons of irresponsible social arrangements.

I think this will be tight again, but I'm sure we can get something. I expect he'll bring Wood back in for this.

Just 3 words to leave you with - weekend, ready, beer.

Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    Can't join you tonight Frog, for reasons of irresponsible social arrangements.

I think this will be tight again, but I'm sure we can get something. I expect he'll bring Wood back in for this.

Just 3 words to leave you with - weekend, ready, beer.

Enjoy.
    Yep, we'll be there but going hunting first. If I get one I'll bring it! Pies on us!

On current form, we have 7 points from 6 games with a goal difference of -1.

QPR have 4 points from their last 6 games with a goal difference of -6.

This is an excellent chance for us.

Everything crossed for tonight, if last night's results don't give the lads huge incentive I don't know what will. Get at em lads early on, whoever is picked.
    UTM

Morning all. Once I work out the logistics of an evening kick off and the fact our clocks have changed and yours haven't then I'm sure I'll be able to squeeze in a look between doing some work

PS I thought TS was due to get his OBE tomorrow but wonder if that's been postponed under the circumstances?

Myself Pocket and the usuals are here to celebrate 3 points tonight.
    Come on you reds.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Everything crossed for tonight, if last night's results don't give the lads huge incentive I don't know what will. Get at em lads early on, whoever is picked.
    UTM
    My thoughts exactly.

However I suspect we will play 4-5-1, sit back and hope for a goal from a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

However I suspect we will play 4-5-1, sit back and hope for a goal from a corner.
    All good if we score from every corner.....

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    All good if we score from every corner.....
    True if we get a corner.

Plus tonight there's no Vaulks long throws

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast