+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Donny Matchthread

Unfortunately I'm not confident the goals will start to flow, even with a full strength squad.
    Since Moore's injury we've scored 7 goals in 7 games including an own goal, and a soft penalty.
    3 of the others were scored against Southend who were embarrassingly bad.
    Woodrow is nowhere near the player without an effective partner, and we don't have one.
    We have a great defence, very good midfield, but only one forward. We look toothless, and I think we'll struggle to put teams away even though we'll dominate from start to finish.
    I really hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    Unfortunately I'm not confident the goals will start to flow, even with a full strength squad.
    Since Moore's injury we've scored 7 goals in 7 games including an own goal, and a soft penalty.
    3 of the others were scored against Southend who were embarrassingly bad.
    Woodrow is nowhere near the player without an effective partner, and we don't have one.
    We have a great defence, very good midfield, but only one forward. We look toothless, and I think we'll struggle to put teams away even though we'll dominate from start to finish.
    I really hope I'm wrong.
    I'm hopeful that a team built on such solid defensive foundations can get the job done .

We aren't having to score two or three goals a game to get something .

I wouldn't go as far as to say we are toothless but I will accept Moore's injury doesn't help the cause either .

Let's be honest too and I'm not attempting to be billy big b@llax here but other than the top 6 the rest of the division are total shyte .

We should have enough now to see us over the line given our run in , in my opinion .

Goals win games last 2 games prove it being undefeated and drawing won't get an automatic place

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'm hopeful that a team built on such solid defensive foundations can get the job done .

We aren't having to score two or three goals a game to get something .

I wouldn't go as far as to say we are toothless but I will accept Moore's injury doesn't help the cause either .

Let's be honest too and I'm not attempting to be billy big b@llax here but other than the top 6 the rest of the division are total shyte .

We should have enough now to see us over the line given our run in , in my opinion .
    True, there are some crap teams in this division, but look at our next fixtures who are undoubtedly crap.
    How did we do against them in the reverse fixture?
    Walsall - draw. Coventry - Lost. Burton - draw. Shrewsbury - Lost. Plymouth - draw.
    The only teams we beat first time round are Fleetwood, Blackpool & Bristol Rovers.
    If we hadn't lost Moore we would have won the league in my opinion.
    If we miss out on promotion it will be 100% down to our penny pinching, multi billionaire owners selling us down the river.
    We desperately need a win and some goals against Walsall.
    Another 0-0 draw and we have problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    True, there are some crap teams in this division, but look at our next fixtures who are undoubtedly crap.
    How did we do against them in the reverse fixture?
    Walsall - draw. Coventry - Lost. Burton - draw. Shrewsbury - Lost. Plymouth - draw.
    The only teams we beat first time round are Fleetwood, Blackpool & Bristol Rovers.
    If we hadn't lost Moore we would have won the league in my opinion.
    If we miss out on promotion it will be 100% down to our penny pinching, multi billionaire owners selling us down the river.
    We desperately need a win and some goals against Walsall.
    Another 0-0 draw and we have problems.
    I still believe the loss of Potts was the most significant loss to the squad .

I reckon he was on course for at least 12 goals from that midfield role .

True. He offered something different, pace & power besides goals.
    But not having a back up striker is unforgivable.
    Big Victor showed nothing last night, Bahre doesn't ever look like he's going to score and much as I like Brown I still don't think he's going to get you enough goals playing as a striker.
    Even if we didn't buy back up, we should have got someone in on loan.
    It will be criminal if these team misses out.
    Pinnock & Lindsay look so solid, and Cavare has got better, and better.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Stendel went with a defensive line up must have been been happy with a point but it just shows how weak the squad is and our goal threat leaves a lot to be desired theyve 8 days to get their act together for saddlers game
    Totally agree - and said same on the other site.
    But as usual got slated for that view.
    Or any view really :-) :-) :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Totally agree - and said same on the other site.
    But as usual got slated for that view.
    Or any view really :-) :-) :-)

Come back to Bramall Lane. Watch a proper side

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Come back to Bramall Lane. Watch a proper side
    The big top six PL clubs chairmen are already under massive pressure to provide the funds to keep their defenses up to speed next season if Billy and McGoldrick should roll in to town .

The Blunts in the PL is always a thing of beauty this side of Tankersley .

For every season of PL football there generally follows 10 years of abject nothingness and failure at BDTBL .

It's a win win for us mere mortals .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The big top six PL clubs chairmen are already under massive pressure to provide the funds to keep their defenses up to speed next season if Billy and McGoldrick should roll in to town .

The Blunts in the PL is always a thing of beauty this side of Tankersley .

For every season of PL football there generally follows 10 years of abject nothingness and failure at BDTBL .

It's a win win for us mere mortals .

Funny thing. I was going to post earlier that having seen Barnsley last night i can only conclude that the rest of next years Championship will be playing for one automatic promotion place. You should walk it next season, Barnsley will be known as "Barnselona".

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234