+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which football kits beside the millers....

I had the Holland shirt from the 80s and a villa shirt from the Tony Daly era

Had a few England kits

I like the early 1960's vee neck, short sleeves. Shorter shorts.

I have an inkling that my first kit, although supposed to be an RUFC one was actually Barnsley's that my Mum and Dad might have picked up cheap off the market. Hard to tell back in to 60s when there were no sponsors logos etc. to go by. I think I also had a Wolves kit (or a market knock off version of an 'Old Gold' shirt) or maybe I'm confusing that with the fact that I once painted my Subbuteo team's shirts Old Gold?

Have a retro '66 World Cup winners shirt and a Seattle Sounders shirt but can't wear them out in public without a bra

I've had/got a few England shirts but haven't bought one for about ten years now. I've also had two or three Liverpool shirts, 80's and I have got about ten Miller's shirts (away) and about five (home) shirts. Not bought a shirt since the one with the Rotherham crest on though, I'm too old (and fat) to wear 'em now boo-hoo.

Not a shirt, a hat. For some unknown reason my dad got me a red and white bobble hat from Sugg Sports when he started taking me to games. It was an Arsenal hat with the Arsenal logo and 'AFC' on it. I didn't know any different at the time and as far as I was concerned it was a Rotherham hat, until some patronising kid sat who was sitting next to me on the wall at the front of the Tivoli end took great pleasure in pointing out it was an Arsenal hat. Even then my dad tried convincing me it said 'RFC' and not AFC 😢
    I never wore it again once it was confirmed to be an Arsenal hat.
    As for shirts, there were a few I liked (of other teams) but never owned them. The Man Utd away kit of the early 90s, white with blue Adidas trefoils all over it. The grey Liverpool away shirt of roughly the same period too. I've got plenty of England shirts though.

So to this day Cam, you could and maybe should have turned into a Barnsley Tyke, seeing as you had one of our shirts and all.

And also that brings back memories of Subbuteo, when I got our team in the mid 80s, it was also classed as the Notts Forest, Charlton, & Denmark team as well lol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123