+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Today’s big ticket announcement

Season tickets now on sale for next season - no, honestly, they are. Prices frozen for the next two weeks at this season's price.

Bargain, just think we're likely to be paying at least Premier prices for Championship football next season. Honestly, I don't know where to even start with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Season tickets now on sale for next season - no, honestly, they are. Prices frozen for the next two weeks at this season's price.

Bargain, just think we're likely to be paying at least Premier prices for Championship football next season. Honestly, I don't know where to even start with this.
    Prices frozen.....oh dear oh dear oh dear.

They are in for one almighty shock, I've never known the mood so bleak among fans 're season tics.

If they are frozen for two weeks means there will be an increase.....I'll go for 2200 sold.

if true it just shows that our board are more out of touch than a baboon with its arse after eating a madras curry

edited to say it is true just looked,and its no even april the 1st

fffffffffffffmmmm hell have they lost the plot?
    Last edited by shaded; 14-03-2019 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    if true it just shows that our board are more out of touch than a baboon with its arse after eating a madras curry

edited to say it is true just looked,and its no even april the 1st

fffffffffffffmmmm hell have they lost the plot?
    I'd say they've lost touch completely with the fans. They've never really understood us but now I think they're proving beyond any doubt that they haven't a clue about us.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    think this would be absolute folly. Instead of buy one get one free increasing the number of ST's in circulation I think we'd see 1500 ST's sold and the other 1500 of the current 3000 would come along with their pal as a freebie. Only solutions might involve doing something about the general level of prices, creating family seating areas in all the stands and create free seating areas where whoever turns up gets first dibs on the seats. I'd also encourage the ticket office to tell us what they can do to help you to sit with friends who don't have ST's. I wonder how the free tickets worked this season. You would hope that there would be some stats to show if it was a winner of an idea. I don't understand why there isn't better advertising of the games. All the effort seems to go into putting up some unfortunate player to talk to the press and hope that this will bring in the supporters. An advert in the ET doesn't cost a fortune and although some fans swear blind they never read it they are not the ones we need to attract back to Dens.

We also have to have a really top class Open Day to attract the kids and make sure that ALL the first team are there doing their bit to promote themselves and the club. We need to get all our players taking a part in the community stuff. The only effort that seems to be asked of the players is that they turn up to training and play their matches. What a waste of their career. They could learn the soft skills needed to promote themselves and the club, they could learn how to conduct themselves in interviews and they could learn how to build a career. Supporters need heroes and we just seem to be building a team of mercenaries each year, and very disappointingly, not doing a great job of it. As Rross says we will do what we always do and hope that we don't lose too many ST holders. we need to change things but I genuinely don't see anyone on the board of DFC who takes this message on board.

I listened, not terribly carefully to a player describing his week, two days of double training sessions, one day with a single session and one match day. It seems to me that there should be some time available for visiting schools etc.
    Good post Bcram but the yanks don't look interested and those that have a Dundee connection inside Dens either won't point out where they are going wrong or don't have the balls to do it.

We look like going from 6k (4k season tics) regular home fans when we came up to 4.4k (3k season tics) this season to God knows where next.

The figures are pretty damning.....25% drop in regular attendees.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Prices frozen.....oh dear oh dear oh dear.

They are in for one almighty shock, I've never known the mood so bleak among fans 're season tics.

If they are frozen for two weeks means there will be an increase.....I'll go for 2200 sold.
    Surprisingly generous estimate from you RRoS. I think you'll be about right though.

They've lost me for next season, I'll be picking and choosing I'm afraid. Was hoping for something creative and aimed at increasing sales for next season's season tickets, this definitely isn't it.

Oh and b4 someone posts Theyl be back with a winning team they might but probably not regularly again......once you break the habit.....it's quite easy to stay broken.

Surprisingly generous estimate from you RRoS. I think you'll be about right though.

They've lost me for next season, I'll be picking and choosing I'm afraid. Was hoping for something creative and aimed at increasing sales for next season's season tickets, this definitely isn't it.
    You'll drift Deeranged....I have....you'll go to a couple of better weather games, annual of derby, maybe pic up a Cple of freebies from mates....then hibernate over the winter mths.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    You'll drift Deeranged....I have....you'll go to a couple of better weather games, annual of derby, maybe pic up a Cple of freebies from mates....then hibernate over the winter mths.
    Not even sure I'll go to that many. I find it a grind now and often sit at home thinking I'd rather just sit there and watch Geoff, then at the match I wonder what the hell I'm doing there.

I don't think I'll even go this Sunday to be honest. Will be out Saturday night then will be out with the dogs first thing Sunday. Why should I cut my walk short just to go and see the team lay down to Celtic when I can record it and decide later if I can face watching it? Just got better things to do now, would never have said that back in the day when the football was the priority for me.

My love for the club has been ripped from me and is fast being replaced by apathy for it I'm afraid. I know who I blame for this.

Not even sure I'll go to that many. I find it a grind now and often sit at home thinking I'd rather just sit there and watch Geoff, then at the match I wonder what the hell I'm doing there.

I don't think I'll even go this Sunday to be honest. Will be out Saturday night then will be out with the dogs first thing Sunday. Why should I cut my walk short just to go and see the team lay down to Celtic when I can record it and decide later if I can face watching it? Just got better things to do now, would never have said that back in the day when the football was the priority for me.

My love for the club has been ripped from me and is fast being replaced by apathy for it I'm afraid. I know who I blame for this.
    Can't say I blame you.

All I will say is Mr sensible and myself banged on a boot this on Pravda 3 years ago before the night of the culling and we're basically sneered at.

Timeframe for me....home form, prices (particularly subsidising wrinklies), tv schedules, killing the Derry, ticketing for the Derry, **** atmosphere, Billy ****ing dodds, state of Dens.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)