+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Today’s big ticket announcement

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    I don’t think buying or not buying will have anything to do with the manager, for most folk, it will be about the price, where / who we are playing, and as you’ve pointed out, one win at home all season, also time / days games will be played, BBC SCOTLAND now show championship games on a Friday night, any decent games, i.e. derby match will not be on a Saturday.

I got my first season ticket, a half season ticket for my 18th birthday, and have had one ever since, I am seariously thinking about not renewing, there will be many more like me,

Maybe if
    The £20 rise for super early bird is £1 a game. There's no doubt Dundee FC are stinking but the last 2 managers have been heavily backed by FPS and on here/DBF let's not forget. If Dundee were currently top six, do you think people would still be so negative? You can't say it's nothing to do with performances.

Quote Originally Posted by dayster View Post
    Price freeze for two weeks is an absolute kick in the teeth for the fans. We still have a season to finish, games to fork out for and they give 2 weeks for people to pay up to get the frozen ticket prices - that pretty much excludes any fan that can't afford to fork out based on 1 pay packet - many because they are supporting the club at away games, HoF dinners, POTY etc.

At a minimum they should freeze until the end of the season - i hope our SLO is making representations to the board about this.
    If the price freeze wasn't offered, how would you view the timings then? Any rise will always be unpalatable, especially when so many want to see the back of FPS so DFCSS can get back on the gravy train. I also don't get your point about people spending money on dinners and the likes then having to buy a season ticket. Hasn't that been the case for a couple of decades now?

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Kerching....the penny drops��
    You will note that because of the constructive tone of my post, that there has been no knee jerk reaction from the old people who traditionally react to your regular greedy old folk tone of posting.
    OK, I admit it there might be merit in trying to do more to assist those who pay full price.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    The £20 rise for super early bird is £1 a game. There's no doubt Dundee FC are stinking but the last 2 managers have been heavily backed by FPS and on here/DBF let's not forget. If Dundee were currently top six, do you think people would still be so negative? You can't say it's nothing to do with performances.
    Of course performances come into it, I don’t think the manager does, we’ve had dross for a few seasons now, under three different managers

The manager recruits the players, trains the players, meant to actually motivate the players, he is 100% responsible for performances. It's not like successive managers haven't been allowed to recruit their own crocks and duds, mcintyre certainly has.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    You will note that because of the constructive tone of my post, that there has been no knee jerk reaction from the old people who traditionally react to your regular greedy old folk tone of posting.
    OK, I admit it there might be merit in trying to do more to assist those who pay full price.
    Been saying it for 5 years Bcram there will come a time when the scales will tip for a lot of full paying adults...this is it.

Compare what jdfc will have to pay compared to 65 year old just had 6 figure lump sum from occ pension and still working p/t.

Now another wee example.....me and Mrs sunshine both in receipt of occ pens with 3.5% And 3.75% reespectively this year....we are insulated a good deal against inflation and if your in receipt of state pension your doubly insulated yet those that aren't are expected to subsidise the insulated.

It's like asking an Eskimo to help with my heating bill as it's a bit high.

Those pensioners that are poor (less and less these days) aren't gonna be going to the football anyway.

The cost of paying in shud be spread much more evenly and all discounts shud be applied to the very young, young and working young.....they will hopefully be DFC long after we've gone.

It's hard to do in one go but a commitment to equalization over 3 years would pacify me.

One of my tickets jumps from £1 to £115, because a child is 5 months the wrong side of 12 years old, that just ain’t right, it’s no like he went and got a job last month

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    One of my tickets jumps from £1 to £115, because a child is 5 months the wrong side of 12 years old, that just ain’t right, it’s no like he went and got a job last month
    😀

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    If the price freeze wasn't offered, how would you view the timings then? Any rise will always be unpalatable, especially when so many want to see the back of FPS so DFCSS can get back on the gravy train. I also don't get your point about people spending money on dinners and the likes then having to buy a season ticket. Hasn't that been the case for a couple of decades now?
    dont think any1 wants to see the back of fps i would be happy with just a damn sight more interaction with the fans from them

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    dont think any1 wants to see the back of fps i would be happy with just a damn sight more interaction with the fans from them
    But are FPS wanting to see the back of DFC....starting to look a wee bit like it, seem to have picked a fight with dfcss and then have irritated the wider fan base......why?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)