+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Today’s big ticket announcement

Today’s big ticket announcement

Are we going to have turnstiles with out an operator, or is this a polite way of saying f**k your PATG, and here’s a way of buying your ticket with your phone for an extra £2.50

Thoughts ?

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Are we going to have turnstiles with out an operator, or is this a polite way of saying f**k your PATG, and here’s a way of buying your ticket with your phone for an extra £2.50

Thoughts ?
    I expect it'll be the latter. Will save a queue though.

I imagine there will be turnstile operators with scanning devices, season/individual match tickets downloaded onto smartcard? Not sure that Nelms understands where he lives and what he's meant to be doing to retain the fanbase but abolishing paper tickets seems sensible, currently £4 to buy/deliver online.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    I imagine there will be turnstile operators with scanning devices, season/individual match tickets downloaded onto smartcard? Not sure that Nelms understands where he lives and what he's meant to be doing to retain the fanbase but abolishing paper tickets seems sensible, currently £4 to buy/deliver online.
    We won't have a fan base soon anyway.

The yanks or Nelms to be more accurate have decimated it.

We'll still be there, 4k in the darkest days, those guys don't chuck it. Decimation is 1 in 10, no big deal, if it happens Genuinely scratching my head though what this is about, championing technology for next season when there is a relegation battle on, does this boy Nelms understand the situation? Everyone knows yanks cross the world being loud and obnoxious and clueless, is nelms one of these?
    Last edited by Taintedice; 14-03-2019 at 12:02 AM.

We'll still be there, 4k in the darkest days, those guys don't chuck it. Decimation is 1 in 10, no big deal, if it happens Genuinely scratching my head though what this is about, championing technology for next season when there is a relegation battle on, does this boy Nelms understand the situation? Everyone knows yanks cross the world being loud and obnoxious and clueless, is nelms one of these?
    well he could make giant strides with interacting with the fans just by simply answering or getting someone to answer his emails,the media outlet to the normal punter is archaic to say the very least.
    the media department needs a total revamp and a good shaking up.

absolutely mind boggling that i can email jnelms+reception on tuesday morning last week then followed that up on friday with a phone call to dens and still waiting for an answer to my email

Amateurs !

I hope your right but I honestly think it's tipping point time and we will be down to st j like levels of season tics next season.

No point in debating it as we will just have to wait and see but we have had one substantial drop and a couple of smaller drops in season tics in 3 years on the back of just poor form, now we have poor form, broken promises, potential relegation and appalling atmosphere.

But I hope dens is rocking next season with 5000 season tic holders and a 50% win ratio....but I know it won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I hope your right but I honestly think it's tipping point time and we will be down to st j like levels of season tics next season.

No point in debating it as we will just have to wait and see but we have had one substantial drop and a couple of smaller drops in season tics in 3 years on the back of just poor form, now we have poor form, broken promises, potential relegation and appalling atmosphere.

But I hope dens is rocking next season with 5000 season tic holders and a 50% win ratio....but I know it won't.
    In my opinion there is no way that their will be 5,000 season ticket holders next season if there are only in the region of 3,000 this season unless the club are introducing a buy one season ticket get one free for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    In my opinion there is no way that their will be 5,000 season ticket holders next season if there are only in the region of 3,000 this season unless the club are introducing a buy one season ticket get one free for next season.
    I know there won't.....but no real reason there can't be if they genuinely set their minds to it.

But we will do what we always do and hope we don't lose too many.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    think this would be absolute folly. Instead of buy one get one free increasing the number of ST's in circulation I think we'd see 1500 ST's sold and the other 1500 of the current 3000 would come along with their pal as a freebie. Only solutions might involve doing something about the general level of prices, creating family seating areas in all the stands and create free seating areas where whoever turns up gets first dibs on the seats. I'd also encourage the ticket office to tell us what they can do to help you to sit with friends who don't have ST's. I wonder how the free tickets worked this season. You would hope that there would be some stats to show if it was a winner of an idea. I don't understand why there isn't better advertising of the games. All the effort seems to go into putting up some unfortunate player to talk to the press and hope that this will bring in the supporters. An advert in the ET doesn't cost a fortune and although some fans swear blind they never read it they are not the ones we need to attract back to Dens.

We also have to have a really top class Open Day to attract the kids and make sure that ALL the first team are there doing their bit to promote themselves and the club. We need to get all our players taking a part in the community stuff. The only effort that seems to be asked of the players is that they turn up to training and play their matches. What a waste of their career. They could learn the soft skills needed to promote themselves and the club, they could learn how to conduct themselves in interviews and they could learn how to build a career. Supporters need heroes and we just seem to be building a team of mercenaries each year, and very disappointingly, not doing a great job of it. As Rross says we will do what we always do and hope that we don't lose too many ST holders. we need to change things but I genuinely don't see anyone on the board of DFC who takes this message on board.

I listened, not terribly carefully to a player describing his week, two days of double training sessions, one day with a single session and one match day. It seems to me that there should be some time available for visiting schools etc.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)