+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tonights highlights

Tonights highlights

Jesus Christ......we were awful apart from Johnstone.

The new manager has his work cut out,we look pedestrian and easy to play through.

Hi Mick Swansea played well, about time we had a bit of luck. Chris Brunt played well tonight. Missed the 3rd goal had to get my nephew home , school in the morning and his dad goes to work at 5 am. Johnson looked more relaxed having the option to just clear the ball, but did had one moment when he dribbled the ball out and played a lovely ball.

Very very lucky, how Swansea weren't 5-1 up at one point is totally down to Johnstone who really owed us a decent display and thankfully he gave us one. Flattering score line.

Johnstone was superb and reminded me of Foster with a number of point blank saves. He seemed far more relaxed and clearly is much more comfortable with the ‘change’.
    Swansea demonstrated an exciting, high energy possession based style. Good to watch. We adapted and (apart from Harper) gave a spirited performance. Again, I suspect they were all keen to show a positive reaction.
    Not sure quite what has happened with Harper ? Seemed at half pace and confused ?
    Dawson was back .... I hope the injury was not serious.
    Townsend and indeed Mears fitted in and Livermore produced a much better effort.
    All in all I was not disappointed.

I think that last night's performance by Johnstone confirmed previous posts that I've made stating that he was lacking in confidence due to playing out from the back. He looked much more assured and let's be honest, we could have been two or three goals down but for him. Another obvious fact is, that with Hegazi at the back, we look a far more solid unit. For some reason Dawson isn't the player that he was and to my mind is struggling at present. Without Phillips, we still lack that 'zip' and creativity in midfield and one thing is for sure, Brunt would be better out wide than Murphy who at present is a complete liability.

Indeed Leics buddy, I also have been disappointed in Murphy. Doesn’t look overly committed to me. Is it a ‘loan player’ syndrome I wonder?
    Still, 3 points to the good, a home win and a clean sheet. That’ll do for me :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Indeed Leics buddy, I also have been disappointed in Murphy. Doesn’t look overly committed to me. Is it a ‘loan player’ syndrome I wonder?
    Still, 3 points to the good, a home win and a clean sheet. That’ll do for me :-)
    All about the result for me, needed a win and clean sheet just to set a platform and kick start some momentum.

For me, we looked a bit lacklustre but also Swansea are a decent side, they outplayed Norwich away last week and lost 1-0.

I think Johnstone, Hegazi, Brunt and JRod had decent games and its about time our more experienced pros stepped up. I thought Townsend, Harper and Murphy struggled.

Be interesting to see Saturdays team. I'd like to see Brunt at left back for Townsend tbh. Maybe Johanson/Field or both bought in for some extra energy and zip in the middle.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)