+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jordan Green

Jordan Green

After reading about Green when we signed him, I thought he was full of potential, fast and would be a great addition to the squad.
    I wasn't sure about him Saturday but was willing to give the benefit of the doubt. I don't think he had a great game yesterday either, he isn't as fast as he thinks he is, he's a bit lightweight and gets knocked off the ball too easily and seems lazy to track back. I don't think the weather conditions did him any favours and maybe he's a bit nieve and still getting use to this league, so for me the juries still out , but I do expect to see improvement from him over the next few games he plays.

I think he’s a future prospect. Thrust in early, and one that demonstrates the forward thinking of the manager/Coach.
    Hedges May not be here towards the end of the season due to Welsh commitments and if Thiam gets injured we now have a player that has had a few run outs.
    Good thinking ..... an old manager of mine gave me a good piece of advice as I progressed amd that was to always have an apprentice coming up strong behind your best employee. He didn’t watch football, never talked it, but the only phrase he ever spoke mildly related to football was not to rely on subs on the bench, but to constantly look for the the next “Sub on the bench” as other Managers would always pinch your best people, and you were only as good as the people who worked with you.

It shows how thin our squad is when we evvto rely on kids if enni first team regulars are injured/suspended and we are discussing which 18/ 19 year old is the best to bring in fo big games.
    Bringing on such as Styles as sub when tha 2-0 up at ooam ageeanst a disappointing Accrington is the way to gradually bed them in.

I have to admit I was one of the first to argue a few games ago that Brown had been "off it" for a while and Green deserved a chance. However I agree that he's looked a little lost the past two games. Almost as if he's still getting his head round how he's been asked to play. That's ok to some extent but I expected him to be a little more direct and get some chalk on his boots. Hopefully he'll continue to improve and if anything this is showing how good a player we have in Brown considering his age

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    It shows how thin our squad is when we evvto rely on kids if enni first team regulars are injured/suspended and we are discussing which 18/ 19 year old is the best to bring in fo big games.
    Bringing on such as Styles as sub when tha 2-0 up at ooam ageeanst a disappointing Accrington is the way to gradually bed them in.
    Styles looked like he didn't need bedding in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Styles looked like he didn't need bedding in.
    Young 'uns are inconsistent.

Agreed he ez laiked a number of games wi Bury at Fourth Division level but a still think he needs time to adjust to the Third Division and possibly the bigger still jump to Championship level. A dunt think tha can judge he is now ready on the basis of a sub appearance 2-0 up at ooam to a poor Accrington that day.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 14-03-2019 at 02:54 PM.

From what I saw of Green the other night he was quick yet not super-quick so he can skin the fullback every time. Maybe needs some Steak and a couple of pints of Guinness down his neck cos he does look a little lightweight.
    Young lad and a good prospect for the future.
    Good Luck against Donny.

Carnt mek mi mind up or this lad , hope he does well tho , he wants some meyt n tatey pie Casper
    good win for your lads last neet , hard game next tho v Norwich , your still in with a chance , good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Carnt mek mi mind up or this lad , hope he does well tho , he wants some meyt n tatey pie Casper
    good win for your lads last neet , hard game next tho v Norwich , your still in with a chance , good luck
    Yeah well overdue away win at last, Norwich will be a breeze after that LOL, LOL.

You have to give the youngsters time & cut them some slack when things arnt working out.
    Jordan Green has a lot to learn, he will get there with more game time and more experience, especially if he's to play in the Championship next season.