+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proppa foorie

Proppa foorie

I was at the home game as 14yr old and there was aboot 20 to 50 ICF in our end. I was right pissed off and charged them at the end of the game. But they had already ran away ffs

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959 View Post
    I was at the home game as 14yr old and there was aboot 20 to 50 ICF in our end. I was right pissed off and charged them at the end of the game. But they had already ran away ffs

Those were the days Gaz, was Glenn Hoddle your manager then ? Lions on the box BBC1 sunday taking on seagulls cup qtr final. That will be a tough one.

can't remember running away mate, massively outnumbered and the helmet were all on the locals side
    very rarely anything happened in the Stadia, we were up and mobile fella, hence the name

stay safe now
    john...

You big bully Gaz picking on the under 5's

Brilliant vid find. If you look carefully at 29 seconds in you can see me chasing the ICF out B-)

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    Those were the days Gaz, was Glenn Hoddle your manager then ? Lions on the box BBC1 sunday taking on seagulls cup qtr final. That will be a tough one.
    We will always cherish the genius of Hoddle Claw but at the time of this vid we had a return of Danny Williams who won us the league cup v @rese and sadly died recently

It seems strange now to see the shirts so bare,no names on the back,no advertising on the front and not even a club crest on them,proper ground names that you knew rather than the McDonald Big Mac stadium or whatever,there was some parts of the pitch that had grass on it

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    Blimey claw I assume that 84 was the year that you were born? Glenn only made his Spurs debut in the year that this archive was taken. His last game for Spurs was the 1987 Cup Final and he left us for Monaco. You may know their manager at the time, none other than Wenger. I am sure gaz can say when he took Swindon to promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by davee59 View Post
    Blimey claw I assume that 84 was the year that you were born? Glenn only made his Spurs debut in the year that this archive was taken. His last game for Spurs was the 1987 Cup Final and he left us for Monaco. You may know their manager at the time, none other than Wenger. I am sure gaz can say when he took Swindon to promotion.
    Yes Davee, I was a bit out of touch during that period due to being overseas serving in the Marines.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast