+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Monkey off our back and will.......

Monkey off our back and will.......

The media now leave us alone as having all the poorest records?

Yes we are punching way above our weight but, we have removed yet another millstone from around our neck, the ‘haven’t won away for years syndrome’

We always attract the bad media and radio comments but no more! Let us go forward from tonight and build on this. Champion retention is absolute upmost for our under funded team.

Like the young man said tonight on the Scott Minto programme, if Rotherham stay up then Paul Warne should get the Championship Manager of the year considering his non existent budget and the use of the players he’s had at his disposal this season. That’ll do for me.....

Is that the same manager who's lost the plot and is picking his mates? I hear he'll be round your's in the morning with that humble pie you promised to eat whilst apologising

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Is that the same manager who's lost the plot and is picking his mates? I hear he'll be round your's in the morning with that humble pie you promised to eat whilst apologising
    😃 No CAM no pie for me. I said I didn’t like how he picked Newell to start over Forde/Williams after his abysmal display at the Lane.

I confidently predicted Newell wouldnt pull any trees up, and what I saw last night vindicated my point. He did though have a slightly better game and got some decent crosses in but, like all games had to be subbed not being able to last the full match.

On comes Forde, perfect cross for Ajayi and 3 points in the bag. The shuttlecock is back over the net in your court .......

As well as getting the monkey off our back, its interesting to note that we have just played 2 teams who's season is effectively over already and beaten them both.
    Bring on Stoke, Swansea and possibly a few others by the time we play them...,

The first half was forgettable but in the second half we were much the better side.Very pleased that Semi bagged a brace of super goals and also the continuing progress of Ben Wiles.Confidence will receive a massive boost from that first away win.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    �� No CAM no pie for me. I said I didn’t like how he picked Newell to start over Forde/Williams after his abysmal display at the Lane.

I confidently predicted Newell wouldnt pull any trees up, and what I saw last night vindicated my point. He did though have a slightly better game and got some decent crosses in but, like all games had to be subbed not being able to last the full match.

On comes Forde, perfect cross for Ajayi and 3 points in the bag. The shuttlecock is back over the net in your court .......
    I can understand you not wanting to eat the pie with your physique Shuttlecock? Birdie please as WAYAW (We're all yanks aren't we?)

You mention the media being a 'monkey' on our back but what about the fans? I know it's easy for me to say as I don't see us play week in week out but surely PW and his team are the best placed to pick the team. After all they work with them day after day, they are the ones who study the opposition videos with them (I hope) and they are the ones who have to manage our paper thin squad through injury and suspension, 3 games in 8 days, and the continual stress of being in a relegation battle.

So far it's not working out too bad and as you say, if after 46 games we find ourselves in 21st place or above PW should be a shoe in for Manager of the Season. In fact, I'm starting to get the impression that the majority of fans are starting to believe we might actually do it!

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I can understand you not wanting to eat the pie with your physique Shuttlecock? Birdie please as WAYAW (We're all yanks aren't we?)

You mention the media being a 'monkey' on our back but what about the fans? I know it's easy for me to say as I don't see us play week in week out but surely PW and his team are the best placed to pick the team. After all they work with them day after day, they are the ones who study the opposition videos with them (I hope) and they are the ones who have to manage our paper thin squad through injury and suspension, 3 games in 8 days, and the continual stress of being in a relegation battle.

So far it's not working out too bad and as you say, if after 46 games we find ourselves in 21st place or above PW should be a shoe in for Manager of the Season. In fact, I'm starting to get the impression that the majority of fans are starting to believe we might actually do it!
    Cam I have to disagree with you I’m best placed to pick the team because everyone knows Pocket is the font of all knowledge.

Don’t compare me to mere mortals like you and Brin 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Cam I have to disagree with you I’m best placed to pick the team because everyone knows Pocket is the font of all knowledge.

Don’t compare me to mere mortals like you and Brin 😁
    I notice you didn't predict 2-1 to the Millers this time Pocket. First time you would have been right for more than a decade 😉

😂😂

Is that one defeat in seven?, And that against a team storming towards third place at least.