+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sterry and Ray

Sterry and Ray

Ironic that now that Toon have (understandably) recalled Sterry as he wasn't playing, George Ray is suspended for 2 games in which he might well have played, with Perry Ng presumably moving to Centre Half. I suppose Hunt will now come in for those games.

It is ironic, but Newcastle seem to be cutting up rough with a few clubs for not playing their loanees. It’s not our responsibility to change a settled and (recently) pretty successful Back 4 to accommodate their player. If they had any sense then they, and Sterry, will have known exactly what the position was and, if Dave had, would have been told that Perry is the better right back and wouldn’t be losing his place in favour of their player.

I can understand why they might have felt Perry would switch to LB when Pixie was injured (I was a bit mystified myself) but he would have been dropped for the following match in any event.

As it happens we are heading for an uneventful mid-table finish so it’s a storm in a teacup, but I fully support the Club’s take on this. Our young players take precedence over other clubs’, unless and until the loanees are better.... and, in this case, he isn’t, or wasn’t. End of.